Chapter 9

~Makeena~

I stood in the middle of the kitchen as Sofia stared at James working in the garden outside the window.

   "Makeena?" I heard Terrence ask from the doorway, causing me to look towards him but Sofia's gaze remained on her working mate.

  "Yea?" I asked walking towards him.

   "I need to talk to you." he said nervously. I nodded and followed him out of the kitchen and up to his office. What did he need to talk to me about?

   I sat down on his leather chair as he took a seat behind his desk. He leaned forward and rested his elbows on the desk while fidgeting with his hands.

   "Look Makeena being an alpha is really hard but somehow I've always got through it and dealt with the conflicts between the other alhpas, but something happened. " he started.

   "What happened?" I asked leaning forward a little.

   "A few years ago one of the alphas and one of my pack members got into a fight. I was only 21 and had only been alpha for about three years." he continued.

   "Their alpha was killed and the new alpha demanded revenge. He told me that when I found my mate he would take her from me." he managed to get out.

    My eyes widened. Someone was going to try and seperate us? My wolf growled.

   "What?" I uttered out.

  "Don't worry Makeena I won't let him take you from me, you will always be mine and only mine." he growled.

   How could I not worry? What if that alpha actually tried to take me? What if he succeeded? I sighed and slowly nodded. Terrence would keep me safe.

                        ****
~Terrence~
  I wouldn't let alpha Luke take her from me. Not now not ever. I sat on the couch in the living room as I heard the soft whispers of Makeena and Sofia. I knew I shouldn't but I just couldn't help myself. I used my wolf hearing to hear what they were saying.

   "When I met James I never thought I would love someone as much as I love him." I recognized the voice of Sofia say.

   "I know what you mean." I heard Makeena say.

   "I always wanted alive like that. " Sofia whispered.

   "A love like the sun and the moon." Makeena said. My face scrunched up in confusion as I stopped listening to their conversation. A love like the sun and the moon? What did that mean? I would have to ask Makeena about that later.

   I heard a throat being cleared and looked at the doorway to find a smiling Makeena. She walked over to me and sat down on the couch next to me.

  "Makeena what's the story of the moon and the sun?" I asked. She looked at me.

   "Where you listening to our conversation? " she asked.

    "Maybe." I said. She shook her head at me and smiled.

   "What's the story?" I asked again.

   "There has never been a love as strong as that of the sun and the moon." she began looking straight ahead.

   "The moon loved the sun so much that each day he would day so she could breath." Makeena said smiling. She turned her head to look at me.

   "I always wanted a love like that and now I have it." she said beaming up at me. I stared down at her in amazement and adoration. She was my sun, and if it came down to it I would jump in front of a bullet for her.

    I jumped a up as the sound of shattering glass reverberated through the entire living room. I shoved Makeena behind me as three men jumped through the hole in the window.

    A growl erupted from my throat and I was seconds away from shifting. Another man jumped through the window. The group parted as the new man talked to the center if the living room.

   "Luke." I growled. Luke smiled evilly at me. His dark brown hair looked messy and his light brown eyes held evil.

   "I hear you have found your mate, and I'm here to take her." he snarled looking a hidden Makeena.

   "Never." I growled loudly. He smiled.

   "I wish I didn't have to play dirty but oh well I'll get over it." he said shrugging. My face scrunched up in confusion. What?

    Stars appeared in front of my eyes as I heard the sound of a vase shattering. I fell to the ground as the sound of Makeena screaming pierced the air. No!

   "Makeena. " I whispered before everything went black.
~Makeena~
I looked around and took in my surroundings. After they had kidnapped me they had took to some underground hideout and threw into some cell. I had tried multiple times to break free, even my wolf couldn't manage to break the bars.

  I had retreated to the farthest corner and also the darkest corner of the cell. I missed Terrence. I missed Sofia. I missed Darcy. I missed Sam. I missed them all. I wonder if they were looking for me.

   I smelt a new scent enter the dungeon, as far as I could see it was a dungeon they had put me in. Of course there were other scents too but this one was new.

   I heard footsteps and backed up farther into the corner. Keys jingled before the cell door screeched open. A man walked in. The same man who had kidnapped me.  I growled as he got closer.

   "Bitch, growling won't help you." he sneered. I instantly stopped.

   "What do you want with me?" I asked.

    "I want Terrence to suffer, the way we all suffered when his pack member killed our alpha. I figured you were the best target." He said shrugging. I couldn't quite make out his features as it was quite dark in the cell.

    "You should rest tonight,  because tomorrow you'll be wishing you were dead." he said. I gulped as he walked to the cell door and shut it back.

   "Oh and I'm Luke." he said locking the door with a loud 'click' and walking away.

__________________________________________

Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!