Chapter 33

~Terrence~

  I watched as Makeena helped the young children plant seeds put in our much bigger garden.

  Mark had been taking a few months off, under the demand of my mate Makeena herself.

  Jeremiah was currently inside cooking dinner, with the help of some of our more talented chiefs to be.

  My attention snapped back to Makeena as I heard her beautiful melodic laugh, that always caused me to smile.

  She was looking down at one of the pack children. He was about three and had light brown hair with matching hazel eyes.

  She leaned down and picked him up. I watched in awe as she smiled at him and said something that made him laugh.

  I couldn't help but think about what it would be like if we were to have kids.

  Makeena looked and waved at me with her free hand. I saw the sparkle of the engagement ring I had given her. I smiled as the joy of hearing her say yes came back full force.

  She was all I needed in this world.

  She was my world.

~Makeena~

  I walked inside the house that could easily be called a castle.

  I quickly walked towards our library, that was on the left of the spiraling stairs.

  I paused at the entrance when I saw Aaron flicking through the pages of a book I didn't recognize.

  "Hey." I said quietly as I gave Aaron a small wave.

  "Hey Mrs.White. " he replied making me smile at the prospect of me and Terrence having the same last name.

  "You wanted to talk?" I said, though it came out more as a question. Aaron sighed and nodded while closing the book he was reading, and I still didn't have a chance to see the name of the book, as his hand was blocking the title.

  "I'm leaving, Makeena." he said looking into my eyes.

  My face scrunched up in confusion.

  "Your moving out?" I asked.

  He sighed and gave me a sad smile.

  "Something like that." he said.

  "Are you going to leave me again?" I whispered. His eyes softened as he looked down at me.

  "I don't belong here, Makeena. I don't know where I belong, and I need to find out." he started. Tears brimmed my eyes at his words.

  "Don't cry Makeena, I'll come back I promise, and don't worry I won't leave until after your wedding." he finished . I gave him a sad smile and nodded my head.

  "You promise you will stay for the wedding?" I whispered.

  "I wouldn't miss it for the world." he said hugging me. I wrapped my arms around him tightly as I let the tears flow.

  I just got him back, and now he wants to leave again?

  "Don't cry." he said as he pulled apart from me.

  I smiled as I sniffled and croaked out a sad cry filled laugh.

  "I'm okay." I said offering a small smile.

  "Okay." he said returning my smile.

  'Okay' my wolf said.

  I sighed.

  Aaron was leaving.

  But he said he would come back.

  What if he forgot?

  What of he liked it wherever he was?

  What if?

  What if's, had the ability to destroy any hope a person has left inside of them, and they have the ability to rekindle hope in a place where it was seemed to be forever lost.

  I just hoped I didn't stumble upon the latter of the two.

____________________________________

Vote, Comment, Become A Fan!!!! :D :D