My Mate

Makeena's p.o.v.

I stared at the letter I had just got, still in shock. I smiled as I re-read it. I had been hired as an at home maid in LA,California. I would be there for the whole summer and at the end I would get paid 15 thousand dollars! It would definitely help with the whole college thing. Especially since my parents had kicked me out two weeks ago, on my birthday. I had turned 18 and was still mateless.

Apparently it shamed my family that I was still mateless. All my so called friends had ditched me too. So after I graduated I just stayed in a shelter. I had a little bit of money saved up so I could easily make it to LA.

I looked at the clock and realize I had to leave in a few minutes. I quickly grabbed my Duffel bag that held the few things I had managed to get from my house.

I made my way outside and said goodbye to all the people at the shelter. I jerked my head towards the road as my cab pulled up. I took a deep breath and sighed making my way to the cab. I saw a forty something year old man get out and put my single Duffel bad in the trunk while I got inside the cab.

"So LA huh?" I heard his raspy voice ask.

"Yep." I replied.

"You going on vacation or are you running from something?" he asked looking at me through the review mirror.

"A little bit of both I guess." I said looking out the window.

"Fair enough, buckle up. " he said starting up the engine.

I stared out the window as we drove. The town of Carson city, Nevada seemed like distant memory as we made it to California.

"Okay, we're here." I heard the cab driver say.

I jerked my head up and looked around. It was dark and I couldn't quite make anything out but the big black gates that had the word WHITE in big black letters.

"You sure you don't want some help?" Martin, the cab driver said. I nodded smiling "Yea I'll be okay." I said. He just nodded. I got out of the cab and grabbed my bag.

As I slowly walked up to the gates I turned around as the cab started to pull out of the driveway.

I walked up to the gate and saw a box on the right with a red button and speakers. I pushed the button and heard the crackling of static.

"Who is it?" I heard a man's voice ask. He sounded like he was older than thirty.

"Um...it's Makeena Hawk the new maid." I said into he speaker.

"Oh yes okay just make your way up the drive to the door." he said shutting off the speaker.

I grabbed my bag as the gates opened. I walked up the driveway, which seemed more like a small hill.

I finally reached the house and gasped when I saw it. It was so huge. It was like the size of three mansions combined together. It was white with vibes slightly crawling up the corners. There were two big windows in the front, but the glass was distorted so I couldn't make out the shapes inside.

I walked up to the door and knocked. It opened to reveal a man with a white shirt and ty, and black dress pants. "Hello I'm the Butler, Jeremiah." he said stretching his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm the new maid Makeena." I said shaking his hand and smiling.

"Come on in." he said stepping aside. I smiled walking inside the house. I gasped looking around. There was a spiral of stairs in front of me and to the right was a doorway leading to the living room. On the left was another doorway leading to a massive kitchen. It had brown marble countertops and brown wood cabinets. The refrigerator was in the right corner and was the latest Kia model.

I walked back to the doorway where I had left Jeremiah.

"Follow me and I'll show you to your room." he said walking towards the stairs. We walked to the very top floor and to the right and left were two hallways.

"To the right my dear." he said walking down the right hallway. I caught the scent of another werewolf. My face scrunched up in confusion. It wasn't Jeremiah. It smelled really good like cinnamon. I couldn't stop breathing it in. My wolf howled out in joy. No way. I found my ma-

"This is your room and down the left hallway is the bosses room and office." Jeremiah said cutting off my thoughts. I smiled at him and said my thanks before walking inside. I smiled hugely.

On the right side of the room was a dresser and a few feet away from that was a nightstand. Next to nightstand was a queen size bed with blue sheets, pillow cases, and comforter. On the left wall was a black desk with a swivel black chair. On the wall in front of me was a big window with matching blue curtains thick enough to where you couldn't even make out the shapes inside of the room.

I jumped slightly when I heard a knock on the door. The smell of cinnamon entered my nose. He was outside my door. I walked to the door and swung it open to reveal my mate. He was about a head taller than me with deep blue eyes and black raven hair. He had a strong jaw line and was well built. His muscles were clearly visible through his tight shirt.

"H-Hey." I said smiling up at him.

He looked me over and something flashed through his eyes. "Look I know you're a werewolf and I am too." he said. My eyes widened at his blunt tone.

"And I know we're mates." he said his voice full of disgust. Did he not want me or something?

"What's your name?" he asked.

"M-Makeena Hawk." I replied.

"Well lets get this over with." he said. Get what over with?

"I, Terrance White reject you, Makeena Hawk as my mate." he said casually. What? No this couldn't be happening. How could he reject me? He was my soul mate. Tears brimmed my eyes. My boss was my mate and he rejected me.

"But don't worry, I'll keep my word and let you stay the summer and then I'll pay you." he said.

Well at least I had a home, until the end of the summer. He looked down at me as tears threatened to fall and I thought I saw pain flash across his face but he quickly turned around and rushed down the hallway leaving me gaping at the door. I slowly closed he door and walked over to my bed still in shock.

He rejected me. My mate rejected me. Maybe my parents were right. Nobody would ever want me. Not even my mate wanted me. The person that was made for me didn't want me. I lied down on my bed and curled up in a ball and cried myself to sleep.

Terrance's p.o.v.

I furiously paced my room. I can't believe she was my mate. Yea she was pretty with Long dark brown hair and peircing green eyes. She was small and petite, I was at least a foot taller then her. She just had to mess up everything. I was at the top of my game and some girl was not going to get in my way. 'But she wasn't just some girl she was our mate's my wolf said. I mentally told him to shut up and he did.

I had to leave before she started crying. I didn't think I'd be able to watch her cry. Wait what? I rejected her. I shouldn't care, but I did.

I sighed in frustration as I sat on my bed. This girl messed up everything. I was living the life. I was alpha of the NightRaiders pack and I had a new girl every night. I wouldn't let her mess all that up, even if she was my mate.

I just had to make her hate me so much that when she left she would never want to see me again. My wolf whimpered at the thought of her actually leaving. I told him to shutup. I lied down satisfied in my plan and let sleep take me.

__________________________________________

Vote, and Comment please!!