8- Guest Room

Stupid Andrew. I don't know why he thinks he has any say about what I do. I'm a grown woman, and he had no right. 

I told him the truth, and he got mad. I expected him to get mad, but not start acting like a dick who can control me. 

I drove through the traffic light, happy that so far almost all have been green. 

I was going to this game whether he liked it or not. I would find my own place to stay, find my own way in, and do it all without Andrew. 

Fucking asshole. 

I thirty minutes left until I was in the Bronx, so I called Mookie. They were most likely on the way to the hotel by now. I left earlier than them so I knew we'd show up around the same time. 

"Hey, Livi. What's up?" He answered. 

"Are you around Andrew?" I asked. "Uh, no. Why?" He asked. 

"Have you talked to him?" I asked. "No. Again, why?" He repeated. 

I sighed and turned down a street. "I'm almost at the hotel. Can I stay with you for the next couple nights?" I asked. 

"Liv, what's going on?" He asked. "Andrew and I got into a fight. I can explain there, but only if I can stay with you and Andrew can't know," I told him and he sighed. 

"All right, fine. I'll text you when the coast is clear and I'll come down to get you," he told me. 

"Thanks, Mookie," I said. 

He made a noise and I smiled. "You're lucky I love you," he told me. "I know I am. I love you, too," I told him and he hung up. 

A few minutes after I hung up, my phone rang again. I pressed the answer button without looking. It was either Aaron, my parents, or one of the guys. 

"Hey-o," I answered. "Hey, are you here?" Aaron asked. 

"Uh, I'm close," I answered. 

"I thought you'd be here by now," he said and I smiled. "Drew and I got in a fight last night. I drove here on my own," I told him. 

"You drove almost four hours on your own because you fought with Andrew?" He asked.

I sighed and stopped at a light. "I told him about how I've been talking to you and he got mad and tried to tell me I wasn't leaving his sight the next three days and I got mad and told him he can't control me, so he told me that I wasn't coming," I told him. 

He hummed and I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel. "So you drove to come to see me?" He asked and I grinned. 

"Shut up, I came to support all the guys other than Drew," I said. 

"Uh huh. I call bullshit. You're really just coming for our date," he said in a teasing voice. "I'm gonna hang up on you if you don't shut up," I told him and he laughed. 

"Do you need somewhere to stay? I have a guest room," he offered. 

I smiled a little and parked in the hotel parking lot. "I'm good, actually. Mookie is gonna sneak me into the hotel and let me stay in his room," I told him. 

"Okay. Call me when you're on your way to the stadium," he told me. 

"Will do," I told him, hanging up. 

I texted Mookie, telling him I was out here. 

Moooo: Coast is clear. Come to the front. 
omw. 

I got out of the car, grabbing my suitcase and jogging to the front. Mookie was standing there, looking around the lobby. 

"Hey. Thank you for helping," I told him and he gave me a look.