6- Toxic

I pulled up the website, automatically clicking on every Red Sox player for every position to play in the All-Star game. I was hoping we could get four or more, and seriously hoping Drew would get in. Even if he didn't, he'd find a way to go to the game and watch the guys. 

I didn't really know who to pick for the national league, so I just went with Cubs players. They were all so sweet when we'd play them, win or lose. 

The Orioles were warming up now since the guys finished earlier. Drew was in the clubhouse with the team, and I was relaxing with my Dermot Kennedy playlist. 

Dermot Kennedy is honestly the shit, and it's sad that he's not more well known. 

I submitted my five votes then changed the e-mail, voting five more times. I had like five e-mails that I used just for voting. 

I hummed along to Shelter as I put in my final vote, then went to a game. 

I don't know why, but Matchington Mansion was seriously my thing right now. It was a mixture of Candy Crush and kind of designing a house, and it was kind of fun. 

Right before I was going to start a level, I got a text. 

Lys: Um, why is Brad telling me the date was horrible?

I rolled my eyes and texted her back. 

Because the date was horrible. 
Lys: Why!? What did you do?
Me?! I was nice. HE talked about his ex-wife and their cat the whole time. AND unless he's a totally different person while being an aid, you might be off on who's 'hot'
Lys: Who cares if he talked about his cat? and he is hot. Why would you think he isn't?
Maybe because he showed up with ratty and greasy hair and a blue camo outfit???

My phone rang and Alyssa's name showed up. I sighed and answered. 

"Who the hell did you go on a date with?" She asked and I frowned. 

"You tell me. You're the one who set it up."

She scoffed and I rolled my eyes. "I set you up with a hot Brad. Made the man bun work, and was dressed in khakis and well-fitting t-shirts."

"Yeah, well, that Brad didn't show up. And why are you trying to throw the blame on me? Maybe you should've listened to me and not set me up on a date I didn't want to go on. I also would've liked to know that he had already been married before. Thanks for the heads up," I said, getting up and walking back and forth. 

I couldn't sit still right now. This was making me mad. 

"I don't know him that well! He's just the aid, so don't try to blame me," she said and I scoffed. 

"So you set me up on a date with someone you don't even know? He could've been insane and tried to kidnap me and rape me! Thank you so much for thinking of me when you saw how fucking gorgeous he was," I snapped and hung up. 

I almost threw my phone on the ground, but I stopped myself and put it on the bench before clenching my fists. 

I needed to hit something, or throw something. 

A baseball was the first thing that I thought of, but it'd be kind of dangerous to throw one inside the dugout. So I grabbed my phone and tucked it into my pocket before going onto the field and walking to the bullpen. 

When I got there, Eduardo Rodriguez was warming up with Sandy. 

"Hey, Liv. What's up?" Dana asked, glancing over at me. 

"I need to throw something," I told him. 

He nodded and looked around, probably looking for Mani. "Uh, I don't see Mani. Just ask one of the guys to catch for you," he said and I nodded, walking over to the bucket and grabbing a ball.