'I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO GET OUT OF HERE.'

Lana's P. O. V

I got up with the sun hitting me right in my face. My body ached slightly and I could feel my eyes drooping already even after my short restless sleep. I was tired. Beyond saying.

And also.

I had no idea of my whereabout.

After telling me all of the family drama I was into, Sarah had answered my much awaited question- "why".

And I really feel guilty about, even for a second, thinking that she was involved in this since forever.

I was so wrong to do that. And I knew it.

But when Sarah had gone out, another guard with a syringe had come in, injecting me with an unknown fluid and I instantly had lost consciousness.

Now, I felt lost.

But instead of feeling the ropes and the chair, I felt a soft mattress underneath me.

I got up from the bed, feeling extremely groggy. I moved towards the window in the big room I was in. I noticed that someone had changed my clothes. I was in a yellow summer dress that fell around my body in comfortable size.

I was surprised being treated so good when I was their hostage.

Hostage.

That word rang in my head and all the things came rushing in.

Andrea Francisco Oberain.

I had lived my life completely dressed up as someone who I was not, as a false person.

As Lana Wilson.

The one person I was not.

The person who didn't even exist.

But still being a part of Oberain family didn't feel that pleasing.

Thinking that my instincts kicked in amd I moved to open the window. I have to get out. Now. I had to tell everyone what they were planning.

But just then, the television screen in the room came to life.

I panicked as I watched the happenings on the screen.

The screen showed CCTV camera footage of several houses. And not just any house.

Houses of my friends.

Levi was sitting in his room with his face in his hands while Maia consoled him.

Sarah was in her living room with her mom hugging her.

Daniel was sitting with Aidan, writing something on a paper.

And Damien.

He was siting in his room, a bottle of whisky in his hand. It looked like he hadn't slept since a day or more. He looked miserable and I felt a part of me break to see him like that.

But then it struck me. They were showing me this because it was a warning.

They were all being watched.

Then the door of the room opened.

A man with steel blue eyes and a dignified aura came in. He radiated off confidence, but not the nice kind.

"Hello Andrea. It's nice to finally have you at the right place. Your definite home." He said.

I looked at him with as much hatred as I could muster.

"I do not feel at home." I said.

"Well, you will soon. You, my daughter, wouldn't want to jump out of the window. The outcome might not be good." He said.

My father said.

Arthur Oberain said.

"I would do anything to get out of here." I stated.

"I didn't think you would get up. You have been out for three days. I was worried that my plan was all a waste. Well as you are not in good mood then. I guess the CCTV didn't have much affect on you. I came here with a proposition." He said.

"I am not going to negotiate with you for anything." I exclaimed, backing away.

"Not even if it saves your friends from torturous deaths?" He threatened."If not. Then I think I should take my leave."

That statement itself left me startled. I couldn't do this. I couldn't drag my into this. They didn't deserve this.

Neither do you Lana.

Yeah. But I can't do this to them.

"Ok. Ok. What is it?" I asked. Anything to save them. Anything.

He came in close and sat down on the bed. Making himself at home.

"You see. I have become old now. And the gang needs a pure blooded Oberain to rule it. I would not have gone after you. But when all the gang members got to know about your existence, they wanted you and only you. You are the righteous heir of this big gang. And seeing that you aren't that happy with those Wilson's, I made the slightest of effort." He continued.

"I want you to agreeably become an Oberain and then take over the gang as its leader." He said.

"What will be the outcome?" I asked. I need to save them.

"Your friends get off the killing hook." He said.

"What about my parents?"

"I can't assure you anything. But if you do agree. I can consider. Surely. But I promise to leave your petite fake brother Daniel out of this." He said, staring right into my eye.

"Damien?" I asked. He was their enemy. I wanted to be clear.

"Oh that's the other part. I want you to maintain what you have with Damien. When you take over. I want you to merge the gangs." He said, staring at his nails now.

"You are using me as a business alliance. Aren't you? You don't want me as your daughter, what matters to you is your filthy gang!" I screamed.

I would have gone on if he hadn't given me the most hateful glare right then.

He got up from the bed and came close.

"You have no idea what it's like to know that your daughter is alive but you still can't touch her. What it's like to not be able to rejoice her first steps. To not be able to see her smile at you everyday. You have no idea Andrea. No idea." He said, his eyes glistening with tears.

And with that said, he walked out.

"There is a phone in the drawer. The only number there is mine. You can call me when you are ready with your decision. And yes. Don't try anything else. The calls are tracked." He said from outside.

And then I still stood there. In the middle of the room. His words had hit me too hard.

It looked like he cared.

But.

What was I supposed to do?

And then the answer became too clear.

I had to save my friends.

I will agree.

No matter what waits ahead.

With that in my mind I picked up the phone and dialed the only number saved there.

"You decided already? You can take more time if-" I cut him off.

"I agree....." I paused for a while.

"I agree Dad." And I cut off the call.

***************************

Things are getting heated. Aren't they?

Loads of love,
Mia.