'IF YOU ARE BEING AN IDIOT, I AM NOT COMING.'

Levi's P.O.V

Yeah. It happened. Again.

I guess life is too fucked up. And it's not just us fucking it, the whole world is involved in it.

Lana has been through a lot, and the last thing she needed was another attack.

But guess what?

God sets the hardest test for his best scholar.

She wasn't ready for it. Not one bit. She hadn't recovered properly and needed rest.

But not everything that you want is everything you get.

So, here I am again, outside Lana's ward. Back to square one. And Lana.

Well, she is again trying to recover. I glance at the glass window to see Lana and Damien talking to each other. All she has wanted to do is talk to Damien these past days.

Yeah, she did call Sarah and me in, we did talk but it wasn't like the old times.

Lana lacked her original energy. She winced every time she laughed, her smiles were not too wide and her they looked empty.

Yes, she was in pain. But she still asked me if I did something about Maia and I's situation. And even through all of this pain, she squealed like a typical girl when I told her that I asked Maia out.

I had felt pathetic right then.

Here my best friend was in pain and I was planning out a date with Maia Oberain. I guess my feelings must have been evident in my eyes because Lana told me not to sweat it. Instead she suggested about things to do on the date.

Yeah, she is crazy.

I was pulled out of the flashback when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I smiled when I saw who it was.

"You didn't have to-"

"Oh very funny! I didn't have to? Are you kidding me Thompson?" She snapped angrily.

"Okay fine....." I sighed. "Thank you."

She smiled. "Don't sweat it."

I frowned. "You know Lana and you will make great friends... I mean both of you are quite similar." I said, trying to normally state facts.

"Well, we already are friends." She said.

I smiled."Great."

A comfortable silence followed. We were trying to take peace from each other's presence.

"Well, about the date...." I drawled out.

"I understand Levi. You don't have to. I get it if you-"

I cut her off. "We are still on for the date." I smiled.

"Great then." She smiled back.

"I guess you can get going if you want." I offered.

"Nah. I feel good here." She then curled her fingers around mine and leaned her head on my shoulder. Then smiled.

I found peace in that moment. Utter peace. It felt beautiful. It felt real.

*******************************************************************

I was outside Maia's house right now.

Yes it's the time for the date.

Lana told me to suck it up and be a gentleman to her. She even face timed me and chose my clothes and one thing I am sure of is that I surely don't look bad. But right now all I have in mind are the possible ways the day could go wrong. I was a nervous tick right now and I guess I could do with some 'Lana time' right now.

Okay, not helping Thompson.

Think about the girl you are going on the date with.

Right.

So I moved closer to the wooden door and knocked thrice.

I was just adjusting my hoodie when Maia Oberain opened the door.

I guess I stopped breathing.

She looked beautiful. No, she hadn't left her signature leather jacket behind. But under that she wore a simple white lacy dress which reached her mid-thigh. Her hair was left down, not hung up in a messy bun. Her eyes were heighted by the eyeliner and they looked deeper than ever. Her lips were brought out by red lipstick. Her long legs were for once not hidden under black jeans. And the black pumps did well to match her height to mine.

I was so mesmerized in checking her out that I totally forgot that I was here for a purpose.

I looked up, clearly seeing Maia still checking me out. A smirk grew on my lips.

"Take a picture. It will last longer." I said, still smirking.

She looked up in an instant and her cheeks went the slightest pink.

God! This girl was going to be the death of me!

"Is Maia Oberain blushing now?" I teased.

"If you are planning on being an idiot, I am so not coming." She said, backing a bit.

"Fine sorry!" I shrugged. I wanted this to work. I wanted 'us' to work.

She smiled. I grabbed her hand and lead her to my bike.

"Holy shit! She is a beauty." She said, as she lightly touched my bike.

"Yeah she is." I said, looking at her.

She looked up and again that sly smile and blush.

Arghh! God, she was killing me!

I passed her the extra helmet and got on the bike."You coming?"

"Yeah." She whispered. As soon she got on, we sped past her house.

Her hands rested around my waist and I liked the feel of them there.

How could she drive me this crazy?

What was in this girl? Why was she so different?

I wish I knew. I wish I knew why.

But soon I was going to uncover the answers. I knew I will.

Her arms tightened as she shifted closer to me and leaned her head on my back. I think even through the wind roaring past our ears, she could have heard my heart beating faster than ever. My mind was smoking high and my heart was doing somersaults. But her breath that I could feel on my neck sent me in frenzy.

It felt new, yet exhilarating. It was like I was feeling wild again. Something that I only felt with my best friends. Something that I had also felt with Hannah.

But this was going to be different. This was going to be a new start. A start of something new.

____________________________________________________________________________

Loads of love,

Mia.