'NOT THE TIME YOU KICK IN MS. CONSCIOUSNESS.'

Maia's P.O.V

"I get it Lizzie. I do. I just don't have the courage right now." I said clearly frustrated.

"I don't care Maia. You will have to tell him as soon as possible. I don't care how. For heaven sake! You haven't even visited Lana once." Lizzie said, trying to convince me.

"She is right Maia. You have to. If you want things to escalate between Levi and you, then make an effort. You clearly are not making any right now. He needs someone to lean on to. Sarah herself is a mess and Damien is also back. Do something. This is a golden opportunity." Hazel lectured me.

I knew it was selfish to be talking about this situation like this. Like Lana being hurt and nearly dying wasn't a big issue. Like her being my 'long time crush's best friend wasn't a problem. Like all that mattered to me was to get to Levi.

But I couldn't wrap my head around this.

That day when I had run into Levi when I had gone to check up on the girl of the accident, I had realised just how messed up this was. But it still confused me as to why Stephen's reports showed nothing regarding 'Drink-Drive' when I had already been told that he rammed into that car which had Lana because he had been under the influence of alcohol.

I shook my head. I have to ask that to him some other time.

"Ya ya whatever." I spoke. I wasn't paying that much attention to them anymore. I instead was looking towards the empty table in the middle of the cafetaria where normally all of Levi's friends would sit. 

They have all gone to visit Lana, now that she is awake. Thank God she is awake though! Things could have gone worse. All of her friends looked so lifeless all this week. They were normally the people laughing in the cafe but all this week they would sulk like there is no tomorrow. 

But it was understandable. Lana was the most positive and optimistic person out of their group. She kept them all together. But I had noticed all the times her smile would drop when no one is looking. She was likable. I knew she would make a good friend.

But whatever. The matter at hand is that I should approach Levi.

Yeah I should.

And then what? Mess up again?

Seriously now is not the time you kick in Ms. Consciousness.

Well, just saying I warned you.

Yeah whatever.

With these thoughts in my mind I walked out of the cafe towards my car. Lizzie and Hazel followed, bickering about something.

I entered the car and told them that i will drop them off at the mall and then I will go to the hospital, to which they agreed. 

I dropped them off and then started driving to the hospital. The drive was peaceful as I let my mind flow to my brother.

Arghhh....

Why couldn't Stephen be a bit more careful?!?! All he had to do was not hit Lana's car.

But luck doesn't favour the Oberains. Does it?

Yes he got bailed but Lana's serious condition got alot of trouble to his case. Dad told the police officers to not disclose the name to anyone so that his reputation is not spoiled.

Thank God he did that. Because Levi was too keen to beat the shit out of that guy.

Hush!

 I reached the hospital and parked my car. Then slowly I advanced towards the ward that Hazel told me that Lana was in.

I wasn't paying attention at the path as I was scrolling through my insta feed.

Why the hell wasnt I paying attention?!?!

Because just then I bumped into the last person I had planned to see.

If you haven't guessed then here-

Levi Thompson.

His strong arms wrapped around my waist as I looked up into his eyes. Those black eyes sucked me into an oblivion as I slowly forgot about my surroundings. 

Maia you are here with a purpose!

Snap out of it!

I slapped myself mentally.

 Standing up properly.

"Hi.." I said, a little breathlessly. 

Seriously Maia!

'Hi!'

AH! Stupid me!

" Hey." He muttered, scratching the back of his neck."What are you doing here?" He asked softly.

But I wasn't paying attention to his words.

I was observing his appearance.

Man! He looked pathetic.

His eyes had huge bags under them. His hair was so messy that it looked like he hasn't combed it for days. He was wearing a loose hoodie and black jeans which looked like it hasn't been pressed properly. His face had several frown lines over it, he looked tired.

In simple words, he looked miserable.

Maia, he asked you something!

"Oh! I just came to visit Lana." I said.

"Great then. I guess I can lead you there." He offered, being a gentleman.

" Yeah that would be great." I said, even though  I knew the way. This was the time. I can talk to him and proceed things.

We started walking toward 311. 

" So how are you holding up?" I asked.

He huffed. "I'm fine. Its just that Lana is finally fine but Sarah and me barely get time to talk to her. Damien just doesn't come out. He even let Sam enter but not us. It's like Sam knows something about Lana that we don't. And then Lana's parents haven't come to visit since she is awake. And she has been asking Damien about them. Everything is just taking a toll on me." He said, running a hand through his hair. 

I stopped walking and turned towards him. 

I took a step closer and put my hands on his cheeks. His eyes widened at my gesture.

"Hey! You are strong. Remember that. And don't mind Damien. He is an asshole.You are going to survive through this. If not for yourself then for Lana. Ok? Remember she loves you." At the last sentence his eyes widened and became darker and he took a step back.

"I... have got....to go.... So see you around." He muttered hurriedly and walked off in a different direction. 

I stood there, in the middle of the corridor. Dumbfounded. 

Had I said something wrong?

___________________________________________________________________________

Loads of love, 

Mia.