chapter || 06

•Δ| Chapter Six ;; not the weirdest thing that happened today

< Maia's P.O.V >

=

'Lizzie I don't think it was a good idea.' I said, panic rising high up in my chest.

Of course I was panicking.

I had done something so stupid.

So reckless. So impulsive.

Sticking a goddamned letter on Levi Thompson's locker front? Who does that?

You idiot. You.

Who in their right mind does that?

Well you aren't exactly sane, now are you?

Oh good lord.

Why in the world would I not be panicking?

......

Yes, you have all the reasons to panic Maia. All the freaking reasons.

I was internally face-palming myself and cringing at my irreversible idiotic behavior. Panic was consuming me and I felt overwhelmed. My stomach was churning and I was ready to bolt for the washroom if the food inside my stomach happened to jolt back up.

'I told you not to do it, but of course you wouldn't listen.' Lizzie said calmly. 'I told you to avoid doing something like this; something so spur-of-moment-ish. And you did the right opposite. Bear the consequences now.' She said nonchalantly.

I looked at Lizzie with annoyance.

'Are you just going to sit there and give me a lecture while I think of ways to kill myself out of embarrassment?' I asked.

'I'm surprised that you aren't already dead with all this embarrassment. I mean I feel like puking because of the second-hand embarrassment you are putting me through and I can't even fathom what it would be like inside your head.' She said.

I glared at her. 'Well it's sure as hell isn't a poolside party.'

Lizzie gave me a stern look, indicating that I should really take her seriously.

'Ok fine, whatever. At least tell me what to do now. I think I totally messed up. So how to fix this shit?' I asked, huffing out of frustration at myself.

I was worried, not only about the fact that I took such a stupid decision so abruptly, but also about the possibilities that lay ahead.

What if Levi gets to know?

What if he knows it was me?

What if he thinks I am stupid? Or worse.

DESPERATE?

'See, you made a bad decision. I get that. And I get that you are freaking out. But, we will talk about it later. And that too on one condition.' She said turning to face me with a mischievous grin.

I did not like the look on Lizzie's face, but I felt this urgent need for help. Having my best friend on my side would really calm my nerves.

'Okay spill. What is it?' I asked, not liking the situation that I was getting myself into.

'You will accompany me to the party that Blake is throwing tod-'

I cut her off immediately. 'Oh no! Hell no! I beat that guy black blue, if you remember. There's no way in hell that I'm going to his damn party!' She stared at me.