chapter || 05

•Δ| Chapter Five ;; can't you see it

< Levi's P.O.V >

=

'Guys, I have been looking for you everywhere in this god damn school. Why aren't any of you answering your phones goddammit?' Sarah exclaimed,taking deep breaths as she tried to calm down. Looking at her flushed face, I figured that she wasn't joking about looking everywhere. It was evident that she had been running around.

I wasn't surprised by this. It was normal for Sarah to miss out on gossip and drama that happened in school. Every time that something would come up, Sarah was usually missing.

To be honest, that was usual for me too. So we depended on Lana to keep us updated. She held us together, I guess. As a team and as best friends.

Sarah was still breathing heavily when Melissa spoke up.

'If you had enough logical reasoning abilities you would have first checked out the locker area. But I guess not.' Mel said, making everyone chuckle.

Sarah passed her a glare and then zoomed in her eyes at Lana and I.

'Anyway, I heard something about a
letter stuck on your locker front asking you-'

'To be my friend? Yes, the news is true. And no, I don't know who its from.' At this Lana passed me a look, urging me to speak the truth. I sighed. 'I mean I have a rough idea who it might be but I an not telling anyone till we do some research on our own.'

I finished, making her eyes squint and her lips form a pout as she looked at me with confusion.

'Firstly, how did you know I was going to ask you that?' She asked.

'Uhh. Are you perhaps forgetting that we are best friends Sarah?' I asked awkwardly.

'Ohkay, whatever.' She gave me a shy smile and then looked at Lana, exchanging a glance which I couldn't really comprehend.

This wasn't new to me. And even though I didn't find it exactly comfortable, I understood. It was okay if there were somethings which were not known by me. Even Lana and I had moments where Sarah would feel completely out of the loop. But we understood, we always did.

Being best friends doesn't mean you always have to do something for each other. Sometimes you just have to be there, beside each other.

And Sarah, Lana and I understood this way better than any duo or trio that I have seen before and I was grateful for this.

Sarah spoke up again, her voice shaming me out of my thoughts.

'Well, forget about that dumbass letter for now, we can think about it afterwards because we have something else to look forward to today!' She said, rather squealed, making Lana and I flinch.

Sarah wasn't one to get excited about things and seeing her like this was really surprising. But I guess today, surprises just won't stop coming.

'Jeez woman, calm down. What are you talking about?' I asked timidly.

Her eyes shined and I could already sense the upcoming danger in her sentence. That glint in her eyes was reserved for times that she needed a distraction and ended up doing something that she didn't actually like.

'Blake is hosting a party tonight and we are all going!' She exclaimed, giving us a try-to-argue-and-i-will-kill-you look.

'Fine by me.'

'Yeah, totally.' Emma and I said. Though I didn't like partying, I had to be there to make sure that Sarah didn't end up doing anything that she regrets later. Mel, Macy and Jake agreed to it too.