'ITS ALL OR NOTHING FOR THEM.'

Levi's P.O.V

She turned around with a shocked expression on her face. I quirked up my eyebrow indicating that I was still waiting for her answer.

"N.. nothing... Just came here to meet one of my relatives." She said not making an eye contact with me. I knew that she was surely lying by the way her lips quivered and her eyes wandered everywhere.

But I didn't have the time to question her. I had called up Sarah and she must be reaching the hospital in few minutes.

So I passed a slight smile to Maia and moved towards the entrance. I watched as Sarah's car entered the hospital gate and she hurriedly parked it and rushed to me.

"What is so urgent that you called me here at this odd time? Is everything ok?" She asked slightly annoyed and also concerned.

"Just don't scream and cry ..... I will show you what's wrong ." I said trying to be as calm as possible.

I walked down the hallway , Sarah trailing right behind me.

"Hurry up Levi.. Hospitals don't give me nice vibes." She said sceptically looking around the place.

I stopped in front of the room and gestured for her to look inside.

She looked at me, confused. And then looked inside.

And then did exactly what I told her not to.

She screamed.

"FUCK! LEVI HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME BEFORE?" She was losing her shit right in front of me and I don't think I had the capability to calm her down because I was still holding myself responsible for what happened.

"Levi answer me! And what in the world is Sam doing inside? Holding Lana's hand and all. Shouldn't you be inside? There. Holding onto her."

As if on cue, Sam got up and came out of the room slightly dazed.

"What were you doing inside Sam?" Sarah questioned him.

"It's none of your business. Lana and I are friends and I guess for the rest of it. You can ask your dear best friend right here." He said , signalling towards me and then walked away.

Just then my phone rang.

I looked at the caller I.d.

It was Lana's brother, Dan.

"Yes Dan, what's wrong?" I said , trying to be composed.

"WHAT'S WRONG??! Levi I called up Lana a little while ago , reminding her about the family thing that we have tomorrow and then she started sobbing, saying how she is not worth everything... And she totally broke down sort and then I heard a loud crash and the line went off." He said all in one breath.

"WHAT'S going on?" He screamed.

"Didn't your parents tell you?" I asked .

"Tell me what?"

"Dan, Lana was in a car accident and she was severely injured. She is in coma right now. I don't know how long this situation will last but we can only hope." I said , trying to sound as reassuring as possible.

He hurriedly asked the address and promised to come as soon as possible.

He indeed was shook up. I could hear it in his voice.

After he hung up, I looked up to find Sarah's very pale face. I had forgotten that I hadn't told her what had actually happened to Lana.

I tried to reach out but Sarah fell into the chair right behind her.
And then the sobs wretched her body and I could hear the pain in them.

I took hold of her shoulders and then firmly pulled her to myself. I hugged her, thinking it was even slightly enough to ease the uncontrollable pain. I tried soothing her with my soft words.

"Shhh... It's going to be okay.... Our Lana is brave.... She will survive through this.. Shhh ...... It's gonna be okay ...." I whispered into her ears, eagerly.

"I think we should go inside and meet her." She said, calming herself down.

I nodded and moved to the door holding Sarah's hand all along.

We entered the room and I guess both of stopped breathing at an instance.

The air was solemn. Filled with emotions of extreme care , tension and of course love.

"Lana told me that she likes me." I let the sentence hang in the air for Sarah to catch on.

"Then..." She asked.

"Then she stormed off. And sometime later this is what I saw her like." I said, guilt heavy in my heart.

"Took you long to figure out , instead for Lana to tell you this. She was waiting for you to realize it yourself." She said sounding genuine.

I couldn't find words to say. I was speechless. And what had surprised me was that even through all of this, I was still thinking about the look on Maia's face after our near kiss.

God Levi! Get a hold on yourself!

But what was she doing here. She certainly was not here to see her relative. So why?

"I don't think I'll be able to hold up Levi if anything happens to Lana. I don't think I can live while grieving for so much. I think I have had enough." She sighed.

"I have had enough of this all Levi. I just want everything to go back to normal. Enough!" She cried.

All I did was stand there looking between my two best friends. They were both fragile. But not fragile like flowers but fragile like a bomb.

One touch. Either they could bloom for you or be the reason behind your death.

Extremists.

'It's All or Nothing.'

Yes they were strong.

And I was going to be strong for them.

Everything was going to be okay.

I tried convincing myself

But little did I know what was waiting ahead.

_____________________________________

Loads of love,
Mia.