'STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK THAT YOU HAD EYES AT THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD.'

Maia's P. O. V

Lizzie, Hazel and I were currently in the mall shopping for our current plan of bringing down Mr. Black.

We have officially named it Aidan Black's downfall or simply ABD.

If you are wondering that how am I out when I'm supposed to be grounded then here it is, I played the 'sweet innocent daughter' card with my dad and then he finally huffed and told me that I'm off grounding.

Yeah, my dad is a softie for me.

So here we are in the mall, ticking off ingredients from the list of requirements for the plan.

Lizzie was showing us how to walk backwards because she thought it was easier than walking straight.

Both me and Hazel were busy looking for things which is why we didn't see when she banged into someone.

"Hey!" She said, offended.

"I am sorry but you were the one not seeing and walking. I never thought you were stupid enough to think that you had eyes at the back of your head." said Jake.

I smirked. It was Lizzie's mistake indeed.

"OK whatever, Jakey-boy." She snarled and walked away, flicking her hair in the process. But I had noticed the slight blush which had crept up her cheeks because of a certain someone's presence.

She still remembers the truth and dare thing and that too, she was tipsy that time.

Both me and Hazel left a shocked Jake standing in the middle of the stall.
I planned to confront Lizzie about it later.

After 15 minutes or so, we reached the cash counter and handed over our purchase to the old lady on the desk.
She looked at the weird combination of things with strange looks, told us the amount to be paid and kept muttering something about the 'spoilt youth of today'.

Elders nowadays....

We walked out of the shop with a bag full of peculiar things and then planned to leave all the stuff at my house as we go to Pizzahut to eat.

We had wanted to have this girl time since long but all these upcoming events had got us on edge.

And somehow 'ABD' brought us back together.

We dropped off the hideous stuff at my house, hidden in the corner of my closet.

And now we were in Pizzahut, devouring our favourite pizza. That's when I get the call from my dad.

"Hey dad!" I greet, surprised that dad had called me.

"Aria is back, go pick her up. None of my men are free." He said and then the line went blank.

I looked at the phone screen only to notice that he had cut off the call.
But nonetheless I was happy. Very happy.

Aria Alston was finally back.

I got up with a slice of pizza in my hand.

"Guys you enjoy. I have got to get somewhere. Its urgent. Love you." I said, waving bye to my friends. They waved back as I went out.

I reached my car and sat in. I called Aria.

"When were you going to tell me that you are back?" I asked, quite angry about the thing.

"Hey! It was supposed to be a surprise to you. But again, Uncle Arthur had to spoil it. He told you about it right?" She said, casually.

"Yeah he did." If you haven't noticed.
Aria is my cousin. That makes my dad her Uncle.

"I am picking you up. Where are you?" I asked as I entered the airport gate, driving my car swiftly.

"I can see you." She said.

I looked up. There she was. Smiling as usual.

I had missed her. So much.

Aria and I are very close. And if you see us together you would totally think that there could be no one more similar.

We were like twins.

I drove my car to her. And then moved out.

"Thank god you are here!! I missed you so much!!" She squealed.

"Same here sis!!!" I exclaimed back.
We got in the car after getting her two humongous suitcases in the back.
I put on my favourite song as we drove to my house.

"Back to you" by Selena Gomez echoed in the car as we both bones our head to the music.

We reached my place and I handed over my keys to the gatekeeper to park the car.

After I showed Aria her room, we planned to meet up in an hour and a half, to finally catch up bcoz we both were tired for then.

So I went to my room and decided to call Lana.

"Hey Lana!" I screamed into the phone. Both of us have bonded over this week and it seems like she has finally filled up a very special place in my heart.

"Hey Maia." She said lowly.

"You sound low. What's wrong?"

"Nothing really. My parents are visiting later today. Dan said that it's something urgent that they want to tell me. And he also mentioned that the assumption is that the news isn't great."

I sighed. Her family was so complex.

"Don't worry Lana. It will all be fine."

"Yeah I guess. I am just trying to be optimistic. And I'm miserably failing."

"Why don't you rest? I will visit you tomorrow the first thing in the morning." I promised.

"OK. Love you."

"Love you too. Take care."

"You too." And then the line went dead.

I made a reminder to go to Lana tomorrow and then went into my brother's room.

After the accident, my brother Stephen was sent off to France by my dad.

In the hostel that he was sent to, mobile phones were not allowed, so I haven't talked to him for a month now.

I sat here in my free time only to refresh my mind.

For the very first time I got up from his bed and thought about exploring his bedroom closet. I went through the drawers which mainly contained sharpened pencils and colours and sketchpads.

Both me and Stephen shared the flare for arts. And we were both proud of each other.

As I swiped through the drawer of clothes I noticed something puffy under the pile of sweaters.

So I removed the clothes to see what it was.

The thing lying in the drawer, so casually was surprising.

I was shocked as I stared at the foreign object.

Black and grey, polished in its own glory, lay a gun.

A gun.

In Stephen Oberain's drawer.

A gun.

In my brother's drawer.

What the fuck was actually happening?!?

****************************
Suspense. Suspense.
Wait till you find out.

Loads of love,
Mia.