'MAKE AN ADVANCEMENT OR I WILL CASTRATE YOU.'

Levi's P.O.V

"She loves you."

Maia's words still echoed through my head as I moved towards the parking lot of the hospital.

That was what brought me out of the daze that I was in due to our close proximity.

When Maia had willingly stepped closer to me, it was like I felt a sense of calm envelope me. For once it wasn't me trying to help someone, it was me being helped.

And the feeling was foreign but delightful. I had liked the feel of Maia's fingers against my cheek. The way her eyes flickered between my eyes and lips. It was like she felt what I had in that moment.

ELECTRICITY.

But then her words were what made me realize where I was.

In the hospital. For Lana.

I had no rights to feel this way when not even meters away my best friend was suffering from pain.

All because of me.

Yes the guilt was eating me up from inside. Even Maia's soothing words weren't able to calm that part of me, which again and again told me that it was indeed my fault. I was being so self obsessed that I didn't even realize what my best friend was facing right then.

Now Sarah's words made sense.

"Lana is hurt. Not physically but emotionally."

This what she was talking about. All the things were making sense now. The look on Lana's face when she saw me and Maia together in that room before Truth and Dare. The way her smiles were dropping more than usual.

Why did I have to be such an unobservant asshole?!

Oh! High time you started asking yourself that question Mr.'I am the knight in shining armour'.

Great. Blame me. I deserve this Mr. Consciousness.

With these thoughts in my head I took out my bike from the parking lot. I needed something to clear my mind and a ride would be best for now, because I didn't have my guitar.

So I put on the helmet climbed on the bike and then sped off. I didn't even realize where I was going till I reached The Bridge.

This was the place where I had had my first heartbreak.

Only Lana and Sarah know about this. Yes it is because of this that I only open up properly to my best friends. I try to keep to myself most of the time.

But arghh!!!

Maia.....

She is something else.

Its like I can't stop myself from trying to get to know her. I have no idea why I have this feeling that she isn't what she shows. Her bravado slips away at slight times and I want to be there to notice her, to see her original self. But all this time my past has been nagging me. Its telling me that I should maintain distance. And I learnt well to follow the advise.

When Hannah had left me standing right here with tears streaming down my face. I had got to know that its not easy. Its not easy to face a heartbreak. I had felt broken. Everything had felt unrealistic. Everything had felt sharp. But what shattered me was when Hannah left without a trace. It was like she vanished from the surface of the earth. Then a month later or so, Lana had found a picture on social media of her and a guy, kissing. It felt like what we had was not real for her. Like she didn't care.

I had then asked myself a question again and again.

"Was it just a lie? If what we had was real how could she be fine?"

Cause I wasn't fine at all.

I had cried myself to sleep that day. But next day Lana had appeared on the door with buckets of icecream and planned for us to have a movie marathon.

They were there when I needed them the most.

But now when Lana needs me, I am not even able to make eye contacts with her.

I had to talk to her. It will be now or never.

So I climbed back on the bike and then rushed to the hospital. When I reached her ward Sarah and Maia were sitting outside. I could see from Sarah's straight face and stiff posture that there was tension between them. Sarah looked up at me and her face broke into a smile. She looked relieved.

"Levi! Lana is asking for you. She even sent Damien out so that you could talk but then you were not here..."

"Okay then. I guess I'll go inside." I said.

Okay Levi you can do this.

I gave Sarah and Maia last look and then walked inside.

"Lana-" I cut myself off when I saw how close Lana and Damien's faces were.

She suddenly pushed Damien a bit. She looked flushed. Damien on the other hand was furious. I could hear all the slangs he was muttering under his breath.

Well..... Wrong timing I guess.

"Hey Levi." She said, slyly.

Then she gave Damien a look at which he huffed and moved out, lightly closing the door behind him.

"So! You asked for me?" I asked, coming to sit beside Lana.

" Yeah... I just wanted to talk. I talked to Sarah but you weren't here that time."

"Oh.... Well I'm here now. So?" I asked.

"I just wanted to apologize about that night of the party. You are not unobservant, you were just a bit disturbed and yeah, I was acting too self obsessed. I am sorry about that. And please don't blame yourself for what happened. It is not your fault. I have realized that I do love you, but as a best friend. Because we are best that way." Then she smiled. Her very 'Lana' smile that I was craving for since the last week.

"Ok then. Lana just don't do this to me ever again. Going to sleep for a whole week. You have no idea what it did to me. I just don't want to fuck up things and spoil them for you. I am sorry." I said, finally clearing everything out.

" I understand. But what are Lana and Levi together if they don't mess up once in a while?" She asked.

"Yeah. I guess we are good this way. But that doesn't account for what happened." I said and she smiled.

"Anyway, what is going on between you and Maia now that you have found out that she is the mystery girl?Do I have to kill someone?" She asked, smirking.

" Well nothing really.... Haven't talked about it to her yet..." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

" What! I am not here and you can't even stir up some drama in your life! Useless! But I heard Maia came to visit me, but I was sleeping that time. Is she still outside?" She asked.

"Yeah she is. I will send her inside," I smiled at her and got up.

"Yeah that. And you better make an advancement on her or I'll castrate you Levi Thompson." She yelled as I exited.

I roared with laughter.

Finally, everything was back to normal.

_____________________________________

Loads of love,

Mia.