MY ARCH-NEMESIS. HER BEST FRIEND.

Levi's P.O.V

It's been a week now.

Lana hasn't moved even the slightest and the condition is becoming worse.

She looks too thin, too fragile, too peaceful in that hospital bed of hers.

The doctors are providing her with food through weird looking pipes but they say that it's time now that she takes something solid. But that is only possible when she wakes up.

Sarah and I have been here nearly everyday. As soon as we get free from our morning errands we end up here. Sometimes its me driving and the other times its Sarah.

You can see the dark circles under our eyes which have developed due to lack of sleep.

But that's not the worst.

Even our friends have been visiting frequently. Macy, Melissa, Emma, Jaden, Jason and others have been here quite often. Macy was worried sick and she wasn't ready to go for the football match in Denmark all because of Lana's condition but we made her understand.

So yes. Days haven't been great.

I could still remember the worst day out of them all. The day Dan visited.

The memory was still fresh in my head.

The day Dan and Lana's parents visited her, it was like I saw Dan breaking infront of my eyes.

It was indeed too much for the kid to handle.

At first he started talking to her like she is actually awake and only pretending to sleep, but then slowly his smile dropped down when he finally realised that Lana indeed was in coma. He tried to shake her awake as tears fell down his cheeks. He sobbed and sobbed while his parents sat there watching him with silent gazes.

After an hour or so, Dan and his parents walked out with solemn faces. The sparkly glint was gone from Dan's eyes as he leaned on the opposite wall from the door, staring blankly at the floor.

His parents were talking to the doctor, asking for possible span of recovery and all that doctors ask.

After sometime they decided to go back to their home because they had work to catch up on.

Ha! Work to catch up on.

Mrs. Wilson dragged Dan to the car because he wasn't ready to leave.

Then the car started and set off to it's destination.

This was 6 days ago.

Even Lana's case has been dissolved now. The guy who was arrested for drink and drive was bailed on the very next day. Probably the son of a rich brat. I tried getting the drivers name but wasn't able to due to some political issues.

So yeah, it has pretty much been a very hectic week.

I really miss Lana though. It feels like an important part of me has gone missing. I miss her scoldings. I miss her smiles. I miss her coffee. I miss her.

Arghhh!! I just miss her too much.

Since last week, I don't think I have smiled properly. The surrounding is just too gloomy. Everybody who knows about this and passes by me gives my shoulder a pat and then the sympathy look. People even said sorry!

For heaven sake!! Lana isn't dead.

She is alive!

Sarah hasn't been able to hold up that well though. She has been crying alot and she cries even now. I think it's hitting her hard. And I have been trying to calm her down as much as I can. And that is what I'm doing right now.

"Shhh... Sarah, it's all gonna be okay..... Lana is gonna wake up in any second and give you her bright smile..... Don't want her to see you crying now do we?....." I consoled, gently rubbing her back.

The hospital corridor was empty except of us. Sarah's voice echoed as she cried out.

"No Levi, you don't understand!! First it was Dad and now if Lana leaves me, I don't think I'll be able to hold up. Fuck! I think I might as well die now from so much pain....." She sobbed into my chest.

And that is when he planned to make his grand entrance.

Damien Montez.

My arch-nemesis.

Lana's best friend.

He wasn't in good shape though.

His black-silver hair looked messy. His usual cleaned up suit was replaced by a blue hoodie and white jeans. His hazel eyes had bags underneath them. His normal smirk is nowhere to be seen and he looked tensed.

Very tensed.

I had heard from Dan that Damien would be arriving soon from Italy but I hadn't thought that it would be this soon.

He looked like he hadn't slept since days. And it was quite obvious why.

He walked towards me with his same composure.

"Where is Lana?"

"She is inside. You can see her but she isn't awake." I said, sounding tensed.

"Is she okay otherwise?" He asked, concern heavy in his voice.

I briefed him on the situation and then he moved in to meet Lana.

I watched from outside as he moved towards her bed, slowly. Step by step his face transformed. The closer he went the heavier his heart became. As he reached the bed, his eyes were glossy.

If you ever saw the normal cocky Damien you would never think that he is capable of such heavy emotions.

But here he was.

He sat down on the edge of the bed and intwined his fingers with Lana's slender ones.

Then he put a lock of Lana's hair behind her ears. And started talking to her. The fact that Lana wasn't actually listening didn't faze him a bit. He talked animatedly. Then slowly he looked towards Lana's peaceful face and a tear slid down his cheek. He bent down to kiss Lana's forehead.

But before his lips touched her skin, something happened. I guess Damien felt it too becoz he moved back slightly.

Indeed, there was slight movement of eyelashes.

Then moments later, her fingers moved slightly.

And then suddenly, through the glass window, I saw Lana's eyes opening.

Yes.

Lana was awake.

Breathing.

Alive.

And with Damien.

______________________________________

Hopefully everyone is liking it so far.
Loads of love,
Mia🌞