Love Struck

Aleyah POV

It's been two weeks since that hot session with Cameron, and I have been avoiding him the best I could and just my luck, my creative writing teacher just told us we were partners. Fuck my life. I thought as I made my way over to his seat.

"Okay, now that you're with your partners I can explain the whole project. You are to choose a museum, aquarium, or some kind of recreational place, and research the history behind it. Then, I want a whole forty slide powerpoint." There were groans from the class. "Poor kids." Mr. Lowry says sarcastically. I felt Cameron staring at me with those crystal blue eyes. I try my hardest not to look, and it's like he knew because he wouldn't look away.

"Stop staring at me." I whisper finally giving in. I look into his eyes, and saw not only lust but a look I have never seen before, something sincere that hadn't been there.

"I can't help it. You're beautiful." he whispers back.

"May I go the restroom?" I raise my hand.

"Yes, help yourself." he smiles. I hurry out and to the water fountain, taking a few sips. When I get back up, Cameron was standing there.

"Holy shit!" I jump. "Are you following me now?"

"Aleyah, we can't pretend there's nothing there much longer."

"I'm not pretending anything. If you haven't noticed, I haven't replied to any of your text messages, or talked to you in like two weeks."

"So you've been keeping count?"

"Cam, listen-"

"You just called me Cam, does that mean we're something more than we were-"

"Would you listen?" I yell. He just sighs. "I like you Cameron, I really do. But I refuse to go after someone's boyfriend. Been down that road before and it is not for me okay?" I began walking away.

"I don't have to be her boyfriend anymore Aleyah." he calls after me. I stop.

"I definitely don't want you to dump her for me."

"Well I'm doing it for me. For us."

"Cameron please- "

"Look Aleyah would you just let me be with you damn it?" he backs me into a wall slowly. He stares down at me. "Please."

"Cameron, I'm seeing Mitchell." I blurt. which isn't exactly a lie. we have been hanging out lately. But it's only to get my mind from Cameron. His face softens, and he gave me a look of betrayal.

"Oh." he backs away. "I should get back to class." he walks away, shaking his head. I all of a sudden felt guilty. But why? He has a girlfriend. All day he hasn't said a word to me about it as if it never happened. He just talked to me about the project. Making me feel even more awkward. I have no idea what this Cameron Phillips was doing to me. 

Cameron POV

I could not believe what Aleyah had told me. I was hurt. And I don't know why. Football practice was starting, and Tiffany had quit the team due to her parents caught her smoking weed, and the only person I cared to see on the squad now was Aleyah. I tighten my cleats as I watch as Mitchell flirt with her, smiling and touching her. I was beginning to get mad.

"Phillips, what's up with you dog?" My homeboy Trey looks at me. "You looking like you want to kill Mitchell Bates." he chuckles. I shake my head.

"Nothing, I'm good man."

"Alright guys bring it in." Coach Benson yells. We all huddled and he called our plays, and routes. I was the quarterback for the red, and Mitchell was for the blue. After a couple of runs they had the ball.