Chapter 10

Walking into school the next day, I'd rather be at home taking the hell that my parents give me when they're wasted instead of being here right now.

Keeping my gaze down at the ground, I can feel my muscles screaming in disagreement at each step. Okay, so maybe dancing from three thirty until ten thirty at night wasn't my brightest idea in the world. And maybe working until half past midnight then going home to take the hits instead of everything in the house wasn't my best idea. And maybe going back to the dorms afterwards only to be up all night in attempt to get more work done wasn't the greatest idea of all times.

But all of it was necessary.

My legs are on the verge of shaking as I make my way towards my locker. Though, I don't get more than about halfway to my locker before I find two arms slung over my shoulders as they walk with me. Two arms that happen to be attached to Jungkook and Hoseok.

"Hey, Ara. How're you feeling?" Kookie asks first. I can feel the pounding my head that definitely disagrees with my answer.

"I'm fine. How're you holding up?" I ask him in return, knowing he had to be hurting from what happened yesterday. He manages to pull together a small smile for me though all three of us know it's not all that real.

"I'm doing okay I guess." He answers before ducking his head.

"How's your cheek and head feeling from the fall yesterday?" Hoseok asks gently looking down to inspect the area that had the wound. I shake my head at him as I give him a small smile.

"Everything's in tip top shape, Hoseok. I'm perfectly fine." I lie. He rolls his eyes at me but doesn't help the grin that takes over his face.

"Did you get the project done for class today? I know you and Namjoon were supposed to do it together but I think you said you were going to take care of it, right?" Hoseok asks, trying to make conversation. My breathing hitched momentarily as I think over the school work I'd done this morning.

A sigh of relief escapes my lips as I remember that it had been the only thing I'd completed. I hadn't even done any of the work that was due for today because of it but it's done all the same.

"Yeah. It's finished." I answer, nodding my head.

I get glares from everyone in the entire school as the three of us walk through the halls like this until we've reached our classroom.

"Hope everything goes well today. See you at lunch." Jungkook tells us before waving and walking off to his own class. Hoseok drops his arm from around me as we walk in and I slightly miss the feeling of it but shrug it off. In just lonely. As I will be for my entire goddamned life.

Shaking my head to myself I walk over to my seat and set my bag down. Namjoon isn't anywhere to be found but I shrug it off. Who knows and who cares?

I pull out the project from my bag, walking up and turning it in. Surprisingly, Ms. Ming has nothing to say to me this morning.

Namjoon still isn't in the room when class begins. Though, Ms. Ming doesn't start class off right away either.

"Class, we have three new students that'll be joining us starting today. Boys, please come in and introduce yourselves." She says. My eyes widen, pulling my gaze away from the window I'd been looking out. I can feel everything in me just sink to the ground and grow heavy as I watch the three people that don't belong here walk in.

"Hello everyone! I'm Felix, this is Hyunjin, and Changbin. Yes, we're from Stray Kids. Hopefully everything goes well for us here!" Felix greets everyone. They all look back at me as they take the seats in front that they were directed to, giving me slightly hopeful smiles.