I'm Not Crazy

Normal;

I wasn't thinking when I decided to tell her. I knew I had too. I felt it. So I ran right to the diner.

Saiki's POV;

I shoved the door open, extremely careful not to break it. I felt my powers beginning to fade. I knew Juliet was close.

"Oh Kusuo!" I heard someone call. It was Juliet's dad.

"Hello Mr. Monteque. Is Juliet around?"

"Yes. In fact I believe she's in the very back about to go on break."

"May I speak to her?"

"Sure. I'll send her out." He walked through the door leading to the kitchen. I stood by an empty table to wait. The diner wasn't a packed place, but it seemed they already started getting regulars.

"Kusuo?"

"Juliet!" What the hell. Stop yelling. "Ah...hm... Juliet..."

"....Are you ok?" She asked, tilting her head. I nodded slightly.

"I....." What's wrong with me. "Can we talk somewhere private?"

"Sure. I was headed to the break room. It's past the kitchen. Come on" She said, gently holding my hand and leading me through the kitchen. The break room was small and painted a soft blue color. There was a small fridge, a counter with a coffee machine and a medium sized wooden table against the wall with two chairs. Juliet sat down on one of them.

"...Cozy break room..."

"Well it's only my parents and me that work here so it's all we need. Oh I'm sorry do you want something? I think my dad stashed snacks in the fridge."

"No. No....I don't need snacks." I said, sitting down across from her. "Juliet I need to tell you something that you can't say to anyone. I don't even think you'll believe me.... you'll think I'm insane."

".. Kusuo you're scaring me...."

"Juliet it's hard for me to tell anyone this and I don't know if i'll be able to prove anything to you."

"Kusuo what are you talking about?" Juliet gave me an uneasy look. She rested her hand in her apron. I assume it was holding her phone.

"Juliet I..." I took a deep breath and lowered my voice to a whisper. "I'm a psychic."

"...Pardon?"

"I have psychic abilities...nearly every power you could think of.."

I could tell she didn't believe me. Juliet stood up from her chair and opened the mini fridge. I heard her open a can of soda before she turned and glared at me.

"Kusuo are you mocking my beliefs in the paranormal? That some people might be more powerful?"

"Not at all." I answered. She sipped her soda and set the can on the table.

"Ok. So prove it....I'll believe you then."

"....That's another problem..." I started. "I can't use my powers when I'm with you..."

"Excuse me?"

"It's another weird thing. You block my powers. I can't read your mind or talk to you via telepathy. The first time we met, when you touched my hand everything stopped. That's why I freaked out. That's why I fell. I can do anything....everything...but when I get close to you, my powers fade, and when we touch, they vanish and I become.....normal."

"...Hold on, backup, you talk via telepathy?"

"...Most of the time. Before I met you I never moved my mouth....my voice was just whatever I heard in my head....but now....I have to physically speak...It's different."