Chapter 5: A Lifetime Being Forever Yours

Hannah stood at the foot of my bed with her arms across her chest as she looked at me expectantly. She was waiting for me to get up and into the shower. The stylist needed to start on my hair for the wedding, but I was refusing to move.

My mother was the first one this morning to attempt to wake me. Once she realized I wasn't going to move she asked Hannah to try. So far she had thrown cold water in my face and threatened to let Bobby and Kevin in. But nothing short of Dante was going to get me out of this bed.

"Arianna, you get out of that bed this instant. It is your wedding day, do you not want to get married?" she hissed while jumping on top of me.

She looked into my eyes and awaited my answer.

I sighed.

"The moment we say 'I do' he is leaving me, Hannah."

"He will never leave you, Ari. He loves you."

It took everything inside me to not roll my eyes at her response. I already knew Dante loved me. He told me and showed me every night. But after our fight yesterday we had yet to speak or see each other. Now I wouldn't since it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. He never even came to bed last night.

I knew I was being stubborn on this but he was my mate. I didn't want him in any unnecessary danger. None of the other Alphas were putting themselves at such risk. Did he really want to leave me mateless?

"That's not what I meant. As soon as the wedding is over he is leaving. Tomorrow he is taking Garrett and using him to find Walter's hideout."

"But you guys are just getting married. How can he leave you like that? Can't some other Alpha take this responsibility?"

I shook my head.

Dante was the head of the Alphas and too far invested in this. He wanted revenge for the murder of my father and his twin brother. No one else had a loss like ours. I couldn't ask him to sacrifice that for my happiness. It was selfish.

"It is not my place to ask him to give this up. But I am so worried about him, Hannah. What if this time he doesn't come home to me?"

She took my hand into hers and gave it a tight squeeze when she noticed the tears welling in my eyes. It was our wedding day. I was supposed to have tears of joy not sadness.

"Ari, he will always come back to you no matter what. You two have a bond that no one can ever break. That man would go to the ends of the earth for you. He has proven to you more than once over the past year that he will always find you."

Someone snorted from the doorway.

"He has a funny way of showing it now."

We looked up to see Logan looking at us with an amused expression on his face.

"What are you doing here, Logan? Aren't you supposed to be with the other men over at the Hollow's pack house?" Hannah asked.

"And miss the slumber party?"

I rolled my eyes.

"You missed the sleepover last night, dummy."

He chuckled before running and jumping into the bed with us. Hannah and I groaned from the extra-added weight.

"God, Logan, what have you been eating lately?"

"Not all of us have been watching our girlish figures to be a part of this wedding and fit into our dresses today."

He yelped when I pinched his shoulder and Hannah laughed at his pain.

"You know, my life would be so boring without you two in it," I spoke suddenly.