Chapter 3: Do I Hear Wedding Bells Or Screaming Yells?

My body squirmed as his hot breath fanned across the nape of my neck. The pressure of the silver handcuffs on my wrists was unbearable. His cruel laugh echoed around the walls. I felt his chest vibrate against my back in sync with the loud noise.

I wished my hands weren't tied so I could clasp them tightly around my ears. The laugh haunted me enough times in my dreams and real life that I never wanted to hear it again.

'Miss me, princess?' he asked, sending chills down my spine.

'You- you're dead,' my teeth chattered.

I inhaled deeply when I felt the cold steel of what I knew intimately to be his Bowie knife press into my back. The blade lightly scraped against the skin from my neck all the way down to my waist.

'I'll never be dead to you, sweetheart. We can play all night long herein my world,' he spat out bitterly.

'Please, just leave me alone,' I begged him.

The wicked laugh bound across the room again.

'Open your eyes, Arianna. I will never leave you alone and there is no one coming to rescue you this time.'

My back arched as he applied more pressure to the blade. He drew blood as he dragged it down my skin. I bit my lip to hold back the scream that bubbled deep inside of my just bursting to come out. That is what he wanted and I wasn't going to give it to him.

'Come on, Arianna. Scream for me. Beg for your life.'

'Never.'

He pushed me down to my knees. I hissed in pain when they hit the cold cement floor. That was going to leave a nasty bruise.

'You know how to make it stop,' he whispered into my ear, 'Just say when.'

He walked around my like a predator stalking his prey. I closed my eyes and tried to calm my erratic heartbeat as I waited for him to stop. My soul begged for Dante to save me but I knew no one could here. I was helpless.

Before I could react or take another breath I felt the movement from his hand as he swiftly stabbed the blade into my shoulder. I hissed at the initial pain when I felt the knife enter my body and the blood seeped down my back.

I took in a breath before he twisted the hilt and dug the blade further into my shoulder. I couldn't hold back any longer. I gave in to him. My teeth released my bottom lip that I was biting back and a piercing scream escaped my throat.

'There's my pretty girl.'

"Ari!"

"No, please. Stop!" I screamed and thrashed around in our bed.

"Baby, wake up."

"You promised you would stop if I screamed!"

"Ari, please, stop this!"

My eyes snapped open when I finally registered his voice. Dante stood above me while he pulled me from my nightmare. Tremors shook through my body. My shirt was soaked with sweat; both from the fear of Johnny that plagued my mind.

When he realized I wasn't going ot calm down he took my hand into his and quickly placed it onto his chest.

"Concentrate on my heartbeat," his deep, husky voice murmured in my ear.

I tentatively closed my eyes and inhaled deeply as I let his scent wash over my senses completely. Thump, thump. Breathe, Ari. In, out. In, out. Thump, thump. He is here with you now. You are not helpless anymore.