Sneak Peek

Here is a sneak peek to the upcoming third and final installment in the Shifting Love series:

"Leave him alone, Ari," Dante whispered in my ear and pressed his hand on my arm to stop me from standing up.

I let out a frustrated sigh.

"But he's being an idiot."

"He's a grown man. It's his life and his decision."

"Not when he's making a mistake."

"Leave it be."

I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. Dante chuckled and pulled me closer to his side. My eyes glanced over the bonfire and landed on Teague. He was trying his hardest to not look at Lucy, one of the bear shifters that joined our pack.

My lips tugged into a small smile when I noticed him peeking over at her every couple of minutes. It wouldn't be long before he couldn't resist anymore. Maybe he just needed a little nudge in the right direction.

"I know that look, Ari. Whatever you're planning just let him realize it on his own."

"He is too stubborn to do it by himself."

Dante's warm lips pressed against my neck. I hummed in pleasure and my eyelids fluttered closed to enjoy the sensation.

"Maybe you just need a distraction," he murmured against my neck before pulling me onto his lap.

"That's not fair."

"I never said I played fair."

My eyes shot open when I felt the one of the triplets practically kick my rib cage.

"Ouch."

"Are you okay?" Dante asked suddenly worried.

Instead of responding I placed one of his hands on top of my stomach. Pride and love shone in his eyes as he felt one of the pups kick his hand. I was only a few months pregnant but from looking at me you would think I was at the end of things. Jared had been closely monitoring my progress. With the added shifter blood and serum there was no telling when they would come or what they would be. But Dante and I didn't care. We would love them either way.

"Let me get you another hot chocolate," Dante offered.

He hopped out of his seat and sauntered back into the house. I smiled as I looked around the bonfire at our closest friends. Everyone was starting to let their guards down and move on from the past.

I looked at the small wooded area behind our house. Dante was building a swingset already for our kids. I giggled and shook my head at his eagerness for our pups to arrive. My eyes furrowed in confusion when I saw two red eyes glowing behind the structure.

Fear struck deep inside me as I realized they belonged to a wolf. I opened my mouth to alert someone when they disappeared as quickly as they came. Had I imagined the whole thing? Was my pregnant mind playing tricks on me? When was this craziness going to end?