Chapter 14: The Return of The Hunters

*Ari*

I lay in bed worrying about what was goign to happen to Dante. His anger completely overpowered his emotions and his wolf was enjoying every moment. I couldn't even begin to come up with ideas to save him from himself.

Walter had dosed him with something none of us understood. Wolf shfiters had come so far in controlling the beasts inside us. Dante already had a problem with controlling himself but with Alter's drug he had completely lost control. His wolf was in charge now.

I sighed and turned on my side. It was killing me not knowing what was going on out there. I could feel the anger pulsating off of him as he ran through the woods. Our mating bond felt out of control. I shouldn't have been able to feel his emotions this strongly when he was that far away.

I looked up as someone knocked on the door. Eric stood in the doorway with his handbag. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head to him. Running after Dante caused a couple of my stitches to stretch and some minor bleeding.

"I just need to get some things from the bathroom."

He walked into the bathroom and started rooting around the drawers. He was probably looking for some clean towels to clean the blood off.

Someone cleared their throat. I turned back around to see Lyndsay standing in the doorway. With all the fuss about my injuries, I had forgotten that Theo left his mate here. Poor girl. it must have hurt to have your mate betray his pack then leave you behind.

"Come in, Lyndsay," I waved her over ot my bed. I sat up and leaned myself against the headboard. My abdomen screamed in pain at the movements.

She closed the door behind her before she slowly walked over to my bedside and sat down on the edge of the bed. It was a bold move for someone entering an Alpha bedroom of a pack that wasn't yours. Her hands lay limply in her lap while her right leg shook in anxiety.

'Just give me a moment with her doc.'

He nodded his head and slowly closed the door to the bathroom to give us more privacy.

"Is there something you wanted, Lyndsay?" I asked.

I placed a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down. Something was bothering her and it seemed like she was unsure about telling me.

"I didn't know about Theo," her voice shook in grief.

"I understand. Sometimes our mates do things we know are wrong. Tristan was on Walter's side the whole time and put his whole pack in danger. I supposed we should have seen Theo's betrayal coming. He was Tristan's second in command and best friend."

"I just can't believe he left me behind," she sobbed into her hands, "First he runs off with Dante and the others without telling me to find Walter and now he has left me again with you people."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "You people?"

Her hands slowly slipped down her face to reveal her mouth in a wide smirk, "I suppose he left me here for some other purpose. We had a nice long talk the other night while you were away finding that stupid mongrel you call your mate."

"What are you talking about?"

I tried to pull my hand back from her shoulder but she quickly snatched my wrist. Her nails dug into my skin as she tightly pulled me forward.

"You honestly think my mate would leave me behind? He left me here to make sure you were alone when they came."

"When who came?"

She didn't have the chance to respond.

Glass from the window shattered onto the bedroom floor as a brick flew through it. The door burst off the hinges and wood splintered all over the floor. Lyndsay held down my hands as three men rushed into the room and surrounded me on the bed.