Chapter 31: Who Needs Sleep When There's Pancakes

*Teague*

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Knock it off, Coop," I grumbled in my sleep.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"I mean it. I'm going to rip your head off in a moment."

"It's not me," he muttered still half a sleep.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

My eyes snapped open as I realized someone had been knocking on the door this whole time. After a long night talking with the night walkers Alpha Dante ordered everyone to bed. The entire pack was exhausted from the extensive traveling. Nathan and Keith were on the first watch. They were supposed to come and wake me up if anything went wrong.

I jumped out of bed and in two bounds I was at the door. The lock slid back and I swung the door open.

Arianna's eyes widened in shock and her tiny fist almost knocked on my chest, which was now in place of the door. Her sparkling green eyes looked me up and down. Her lips slid into a small smile as she held back a laugh at my disheveled appearance.

I was about to give her a smart ass remark about just being woken up from a deep sleep when I noticed that no one was with her.

My eyes furrowed in confusion and annoyance.

"Where is the Alpha?"

She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"He's still asleep."

"Don't you think he is going to be furious when he finds out you are wandering the motel all alone?"

I almost groaned when I saw the mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"But I'm not alone. I've got my boys with me right here."

"Arianna, you better get your butt back into the motel room right now. Or we are going to have a very angry Alpha rampaging through this motel in a few minutes," I lectured her.

Her lips fell into a pout.

"When did you become no fun?" Cooper asked from behind me as he slapped a hand on my shoulder.

He crowded the door space and forced us all outside the motel room.

"Ever since I had to be the responsible one and make sure you two don't get into any more trouble together."

"All work and no play makes Teague a very dull boy," she teased.

"Was there a reason you woke us up after only a few hours rest?"

"One word. Pancakes."

"And you thought I would take you away from your very possessive and protective Alpha mate to get said pancakes?"

"Thanks for offering, Teague. I would love to go."

"If I may," a voice interrupted from a few doors down, "I know a diner down the road that serves the best pancakes in the area."

Alistair stood in his doorway carefully watching us. The man still made me uneasy but after our talk they assured us they meant us no harm. He just wanted to find his sister and bring her back home.

I sighed, "Let me grab a jacket."

There was no point in arguing with Arianna. What Arianna wanted she usually got. Not in a spoiled brat way. I couldn't deny that pancakes didn't sound good right about now but I wasn't about to take her anywhere without informing Dante where she was going.