Chapter 4: Learning Temper Control

The familiar feeling of fear rushed through my veins. I bucked my body back against his but it only made him press me tighter to him. He knew I would try my hardest to get out of his hold.

His hand faltered on my mouth and I sank my teeth into his flesh. Curses flew through his lips but he didn't pull his hand away like I wanted.

"You fucking bitch. Hold still."

My body stiffened when I felt cold steel against my throat. My fear rose to a whole new level and my heart felt like it would beat right out of my chest.

Memories of Johnny flashed before my eyes. I could barely focus now. Tears streamed down my cheeks when the blade threateningly scraped lightly against my skin.

The bell on the door chimed as someone walked into the shop.

"Hey, Arianna. I was wondering if Dante needed any help-" Logan's sentence trailed off when his eyes locked with mine.

"Don't move. Her throat will be slit before you even make it over here," Garrett threatened.

To prove his point he moved the knife closer to my throat. Logan and Garrett stared each other down. Both refused to look away from the other. I could barely swallow without feeling like I would cut myself on the sharp blade.

The bell chimed again. I almost sighed in relief.

"The tux shop only had this ridiculous dress shirt and pants for me to borrow," he complained while tucking in the bright pink button down shirt.

He had yet to look up at me. But his arms froze in place when Garrett's scent hit him and he realized we were no longer alone. His shoulders tensed immediately when he looked up and saw the threatening situation I was in.

"You have two seconds to get that knife away from my mate before I rip your head off."

"I don't think you are in the position to be making threats right now, Alpha Dante. If anything you should be begging me for her life," Garrett taunted.

Dante's anger suffocated the room. If I wasn't being held at knifepoint I would have been on the floor. From the corner of my eye I could see Logan having a hard time standing up right and not kneeling on the floor in respect.

"I am going to give you one last chance to let my mate go."

Garrett made no move to comply with Dante's demands. My eyes met his briefly and I begged him not to do anything dangerous or stupid. We had no idea why Garrett was here or what his intentions were.

But Dante was beyond the point of listening to me. His mouth twisted up into a malicious smirk. He wanted Garrett to defy his orders. He knew Garrett would never willingly release me. He was itching for a fight.

The girl from the back of the store groaned as she began to wake up. The sudden noise caused Garrett to flinch. He nicked the skin at my throat by accident. Blood slowly trickled down my throat in between my cleavage.

My eyes widened in shock at the searing pain. A hiss left my lips before I could look up at my now furious mate. His shoulders rippled and the new shirt burst at the seams as he pushed himself through a shift.

His beautiful midnight black wolf stood snarling at Garrett before leaping across the room in two strides. Garrett didn't hesitate for a second to push me aside so he could defend himself against the wild Alpha wolf.

This wouldn't be a fair fight. My father always taught me to hold one rule above all others. Never threaten an Alpha's mate. Dante would fight as dirty as possible but so would Garrett.