Chapter 19: Captured Again

“What are you doing here?” I hissed at Walter.

In the back of my mind I knew the hunters were still working with Walter and his men but I didn’t want to be right. They gave the hunters the numbers they needed to win against us in any fight.

“I received news yesterday that they had captured you and a couple others in your pack,” he calmly explained, “I had to come and see for myself.”

“And to steal Dante back,” I mumbled under my breath but he heard me. It was evident in the way his lips curved into a wry smile.

“If we happen to leave with a few extra wolves,” his words trailed off but I knew his intentions without him saying them. He came to take Dante away from me again. I wasn’t going to let that happen this time.

“Bobby, Kevin, why don’t you run along?” I commanded them.

Walter sneered, “No, I think they would like to stay here and witness a little demonstration. Men?”

He snapped his fingers and two of his men snatched Bobby and Kevin from behind me before I could blink. He snapped his fingers again and two more men stepped forward to his side. I gulped back my terror.

“What kind of demonstration?” I spoke, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

“I just want to make sure the serum I created is working. Alex, will you do the honors?”

The man to my left smirked, “It would be my pleasure Alpha.”

Alex lunged at me so I quickly dove under and through his legs. He tried to stomp my body while I was still on the ground but I rolled to the right. He growled in frustration before aiming a powerful punch to my face.

I lifted my legs up and delivered my own powerful blow to his abdomen before he could land the punch. He doubled over, allowing me time to stand up and recover. But I barely had a chance to catch my breath before a hand enclosed around the back of my neck.

I stupidly forgot about the other man Walter called to his side. I cursed myself for not paying better attention to my surroundings.

His arms slithered around my body until he had me in a choke hold. My fingers clawed at his hands as I tried to gulp in the air he was quickly cutting off.

‘Dante.’ I called out to my mate when the air slowly began to leave my lungs.

My eyesight was dimming and starting to fade in and out. My throat screamed in agony when he tightened his hold even more. I was fading fast.

“Would mind telling me why you are choking my mate?”

His voice was a cruel sneer, something I never liked when he used it.

Even though my life felt like it was fading, I could still feel anger pulsating off him. It was suffocating to the weaker wolves. The man holding my throat unintentionally loosened his grip slightly. I took in a huge gulp of air.

“Don’t make me ask again,” he gritted through his clenched jaw when Walter didn’t answer him.

“I was simply attempting to demonstrate the extent of my serum experiment,” Walter calmly replied.

“Allow me to demonstrate the extent of my anger.”

Dante rushed towards the man holding me hostage. Some of Walter’s men tried to attack him but Teague and Cooper, as if appearing from nowhere, intercepted them. The man held me tighter against his chest. I was the only thing protecting him from my angry mate.

His fist swung around my head and collided with the man’s cheek. He fumbled backwards and attempted to take me down with him but Dante ripped me from his grasps. No one was going to match Dante’s strength when he was that angry.