Chapter 17: The Hunt

"Are you sure?" I growled into the phone.

"Yes, Alpha. The trail leads right into the human territory. We couldn't continue any further in our wolf form," Jerry informed me.

This was going to be harder than we anticipated. We wouldn't be able to chase them down in wofl form. It would alert the humans to our presence. We would have to take the cars.

"Okay, Jerry. Thank you for telling us. We will meet you at the border in a few minutes."

I slammed the cell phone shut and turned to face the other Alphas. We had been waiting outside the meeting hall for Jerry and Logan to contact us with the location. The pack members were divided an hour ago and knew their instructions.

"What's the verdict?" Christian asked.

"The hunters are hiding in human territory. We won't be able to hunt in our wolf form which means we need to get the trucks prepared."

"I will have a few of my men gather some weapons," Christian responded immediately.

"I can have mine bring the trucks around," Regan suggested.

"We need to have them here within the hour," I commanded, "The sun will be setting soon and we can use the cover of the night. I don't want to give them any more time for torture or the chance to move them to another location."

I barely recovered from the last wave of emotions from Ari. I wouldn't be able to handle another one without shifting and going after her by myself. She was mine alone to touch and no one else's. The man who dared to touch her like that was about to die a slow, painful death.

It felt like a knife to my heart as her fear and pain grew stronger. We had to find them by tonight or something was going to happen. I could feel her slowly giving up as someone tortured her. Her belief in me was fading. I needed to reach her now.

Cooper placed a hand firmly on my shoulder as he tried to reassure me and himself. He was worried about Ari too. They all were.

"We are going to get her back, Dante. I promise."

I shook my head, "You were right. I never should have gone after Theo."

"You couldn't have known the hunters were planning an attack like that. None of us saw that coming. Stop beating yourself up about it."

"I am a terrible mate," I whispered.

"Nonsense. Ari loves you and that's all that matters."

"He is torturing her. I can feel her fear of him and her doubt in me coming to rescue her."

"Whoever this Shane is, we are going to get him. We will find her. Hope is just as strong as fear. If you feel hope then she will feel it too. She needs to feel it, Dante."

He was right. I couldn't let my anger be the only emotion she felt from me. She needed my hope at finding her to get her through this. And we would find her. I would make sure of that.

"The trucks and weapons are here, Alpha Dante," Keith informed me.

"Let's get moving. We are wasting time," Christian complained.

"I want Cooper and Keith in the front truck leading us. I will be in the second truck with Daniel, Teague, and Harrison. Christian and Regan will be next and Terrence will bring up the rear," I commanded everyone.

"Why am I last?" Terrence complained.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Because I am calling the shots here and if you don't like it then you can leave."