42 : Lesbian Moments

I have a feeling someone, someway, will find a way to find something offensive with what I've wrote. Relaaax i try not to offend anyone unless i hate them and I have nothing but love for my readers
E n j o y

"I think she deserves to,"

I tried keeping the smug smile off my face while Darius glared. "She shouldn't be let off, getting suspended and staying out all night is not something you can brush under the carpet --"

"Excuse me," I interrupted and tapped the floor. "Tiles, OK."

"She's out of control. And letting her out with her friends is only going to spoil her more. Give her hard, manual labour --"

"Darius. She's going out. We can't keep her locked in and doing chores all day. She's just recovered from her illness," Mum said, not wavering and crossing her arms.

"Her recovery was awfully quick,"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You've never been shy of putting on a show of theatrics, have you?"

I gave him a look of absolute disbelief, feeling my hatred for him stir. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Since you're obviously still recovering how can you possibly find the energy to go meet with your friends?"

"Darius," Mum shook her head at him. "Stop it."

"Yeah! Stop it," my smug smile was back and brighter.

"Of course, you'll have a curfew, Beatrice," Mum said, and my smile faltered.

"Curfew?" I anxiously said.

"Be back by six," She quickly added. "And no later. Don't push your luck."

"Okay, I'm alright with that," my rebellious teenager side cursed at me for not putting up a fight. "May I have my phone, please, favourite parent of mine?"

Darius shot me a look.

Mum hummed. "I'll think about it."

"What if something happens and I need to tell you that I might not be back for six?"

"I don't care if the queen comes visiting, I want you back by six and not a second later."

I sighed deeply. "I'll take some change with me and use a pay phone if I have to."

Ten minutes later, I walked out of the house and headed straight to the house over. Plastering the largest smile I had I knocked on the door. Leila answered in a frilly pink robe, her hair wet strands and her eyebrows rising high at the sight of jolly me standing there.

"Hey there! I just came by to see if you had heard anything about Ajax,"

"Um," she looked behind her and then back at me, unable to hide her shock. "No, not yet."

"Oh. Alrighty then, well, I best be going. Have a good day, will you?" I made to move off and just as Leila began closing the door I turned back around, my face hardening. "Oh! I almost forgot, be sure to thank Alex for me, that curse was just...splendid!"

Something flashed in her eyes and I smiled again but this time sarcasm tainted it.

I had my answer.

******
"How are you feeling?"

"Honestly? I feel really good. I don't know why, I mean, I was just cursed and betrayed, my sister is in danger, the world can end but I feel fantastic. I could burst into a song and a dance," I grinned widely. "This is good, right?"