30 : Pubes

"You're insane." Cade voice portrayed his disbelief and incredulous attitude while his face showed a mixture of negative emotions. "And you," he jabbed a finger in Ajax's direction. "I expected more from you."

"'He is not the enemy.'" I repeated, waving the slip of paper in his face. "Who else is it referring to?"

Cade snatched the paper from me, crumpling it up in his tight fist. "I don't have time for your childish games, Beatrice. I see how you're letting your feelings for that vile animal cloud your sense of judgement."

"What? I am not letting anything cloud my sense of judgement! You're letting your stubborn hatred of Orion stop you from seeing what makes sense, Cade!"

"He is not good!" Cade's flip was switched; and he became ballistic, roaring in my face. "He's killed people, for fun! How can you possibly think he's good?!"

"I'm not saying he's good," I emphasised. "All I'm saying is he might not be our enemy."

"Because someone who kills others just for their amusement should be labelled as innocent, right?" Cade scorned.

"Hey!" Ajax came between us. "It won't help our situation if we fight between ourselves. Alright? Calm down, the pair of you."

"I'm with Cade on this," Alex spoke up. "I'm sorry guys, but I just don't think that note was even for you."

"We went looking for answers, and this is our answer, for Christ sake!"

"Bea, calm down," Ajax said to me.

"Didn't your mother ground you?" Cade dismissed me meanly, his eyes narrowed.

I opened my mouth to retort but after a warning look from Ajax I held my tongue, locking my words up.

"I'll walk you out," Ajax offered.

I kept my mouth shut until we were out of the house before I exploded. "Who does he think he is?!"

"You have to think about it from their point of view, Bea and screaming at them won't make them believe us."

"I know, I know, it's just..." I walked away a couple of steps, wiping a hand down my face in frustration. "As much as I don't want to admit it right now Cade does have a point. Orion has murdered innocent people."

"He's also our enemy right now," Ajax said. "We went looking for answers and they told us he isn't so..." he trailed off, looking at me as a lightbulb pinged above my head.

"So, if he's not, who is?"

*****
"We're busy." Leo tried slamming the door in my face only Ajax quickly held his hand out and prevented his action from occurring.

"We just want to talk," I tried again.

"It's something important."

Leo's facial features contorted into annoyance and hatred. "If this is something ridiculous I will kill you both." Reluctantly, he held the door open. "Well? Come in."

Orion was sitting on his sofa, back straight and evidently deep in thought. His T.V. was blank and the blinds were drawn even though it was still light outside. He looked up as Ajax and I walked in. "Oh, for god sake... What do you want? Now is really not a good time."

"Before I tell you I want the truth," Ajax stared at Orion, his voice hard and serious. "What were you doing at the church?"

"Really? That's what you want to ask? I don't have time --"