75 - Monster Slut

Flying was terrifying. I was in the air too long, it was like swimming except without the water and without the height. Motionless for what seemed to be hours, as the horror struck me, and I gasped, and the giant hand holding me upright unclenched – and I plummeted down towards death. All thoughts raced out of my head and time sped up from hours to threating seconds.

Like a judge’s gavel smacking against the sound block, gravity slammed me against the roof and all I could register was the shocking pain pounding in my jaw as it cracked against the roof slates, and then I was tumbling over the roof, rolling down like I was on a hill.

My limbs were a mess, uncomfortably smacking with each turn as I dropped over the edge – and miraculously, my arm shot out, gripping the edge as my body burned and just as I gripped, my body didn’t want to cooperate no longer, and my hand slackened and then I fell.

All I saw was the slip of a tired hand, and the descent to the ground wasn’t graceful, I landed on my back. I felt as if my senses had exploded and my breath was knocked from my body.

Black spots appeared in my vision and I noticed Maximal hadn’t followed me out of the window.

“My goodness! Beatrice! Are you alright? Jeremy! Jeremy, get out here!”

I blinked, inhaled raggedly, and rolled over. My body protested but asides from my jaw screaming at me, nothing seemed broken.

I saw my old neighbour yelling at her husband, her spectacles down her nose, horror splattered across her face. A dog barked frantically and I briefly registered it as her little poodle.

Maximal looked down at me, his hands gripping the edge of the broken window, and he wore a look of bemusement and amazement. His mouth opened, revealing impressive canines and he roared majestically and then ruined the moment by winking.

“Get inside,” I said as something dripped into my eyes. I swiped at my forehead and blood soaked my hand. My neighbour had her mouth opened, stuck to the spot as she stared at me.

“Are you alright?!”

“GET INSIDE!” I thundered furiously and frantically, feeling the air sizzle with tension. Maximal had disappeared from the window and I knew he was about to make an appearance soon. I just needed to get him away from Nathan. I wanted Maximal dead but to go after him when I was sleep deprived, exhausted, a day back on earth and with just a blade was moronic and a death wish.

With death taunting me, with my heart hammering desperately in my chest, and my cuts stinging, I limped around the side of the house, unzipping one of my pockets and taking out Nathan’s keys to his shogun. I pulled myself up inside, and slammed the door as I heard my neighbour’s petrifying scream. I knew she was dead before I even had the chance to put the keys into the ignition. I couldn’t think about her dying, it would only make me irate. I waited, my leg shaking from the anticipation.

Maximal was a joke. I watched as he followed in my footsteps, my neighbour’s poodle quivering in his arm. “What shall I name you, gorgeous?” he absentmindedly scratched the dog behind the ears with his bloody hand as the poor poodle shook from fear. Maximal lazily strode towards me as if he had all the time in the world, his golden eyes shined with a disturbing gleam. “I followed her all this way and what does she do? Run away from me. I’m conflicted between ripping her head off and taking her to bed.”

I started up the shogun, and the engine thrummed with power.

Maximal shook his head in warning. “I wouldn’t try that if I were you. I would like to talk to you and if you run away again, I might just make you my fourth kill today.”