Chapter 49

So before, during or after this chapter, I recommend listening to the song Maybe Tonight by The Summer Set because that's pretty much what I based this whole fan fiction around. So please listen to it!

Stephanie's POV

I couldn't help but smile. "Yes." I say, "I would love that."

"Good." Matt smiles, "Now let's go get cleaned up."

I laugh and we make our way out of the water. We were soaked from head to toe and it was starting to get cold outside because the sun was beginning to set. We walk back to the house and go in through the back door. Some of the boys were cooking dinner and it smelled really good. Me and Matt run passed them so they wouldn't stop us and ask questions. We then run up the stairs and go into our rooms. 

I go into my bathroom and change my clothes and put something comfy on. An oversized hoodie and a pair of shorts. I don't bother doing anything with my hair, so I just leave it down even though it's still wet and wavy. I knock on the door leading to Matt's room and he opens it. 

"I think dinner's ready." I smile. 

He nods his head, "Alright." He says and we make our way back downstairs into the kitchen. 

All the food is laid out on the table, along with the plates and silverware. I sit down next to Matt and Alexis was right next to me, with Cameron on her other side. Before we actually start eating, Taylor wanted to say something.

"Ok so first off I'd like to say.. Cheers to our new house! You guys are all my bestfriends and I'm so glad I got to share this experience with all of you. I'm sure we'll make some great memories in this house and maybe someday we'll actually be somebody and inspire people. Magcon is so much fun and I hope it continues! Love you guys." Taylor says and then sits down.

We all clap and cheer. "After we eat, Me and Nash are gonna go start a camp fire on the beach. Anyone wanna join?" Cam asks, as we were all putting food on our plates.

Everyone says yes and then continues to eat and talk. When we finish eating, it was now dark outside. Cameron and Nash went right outside and began making the fire. The rest of us help clean up the table and wash the dishes. 

Just as we were walking outside, Jack G stops. "Wait guys, we need drinks!" He yells, then runs back inside. We all laugh and continue walking towards the beach. When we arrive at the fire, Nash and Cam had chairs set up all around it. I take a seat next to Matt and cuddle up in the chair, because it was kind of cold out. 

A few minutes later, Jack comes running back from the house with a bunch of cups in his hands and a whole liter of soda. He hands a cup to everyone, as they all take a seat. 

"Since we're to young to buy champagne, I guess we could just cheers with Pepsi instead." Jack says and laughs.

We all pour some into our cups and wait to drink it. We look around at each other and wait for someone to talk. 

"I guess I'll talk." Cameron shrugs and stands up. We turn our attention towards him and let him begin. "Um.. Here's to a new beginning. Hopefully no more fights, no more heartbreaks, and no more bad things happening." He says and we laugh. 

I smile and lean my head on Matt's shoulder. "We're a family." Cam continues, "I love all of you guys and I'm so glad to have you by my side. Therefore, raise your glass because when times are tough, I know that I will still have you all." 

We all hold our cups up and finally say cheers. "Family is forever!" Shawn yells and I hear Matt laugh next to me. Cameron sits back down and gets out all the stuff to make smore's. It was now almost midnight and the only light you could see was from the fire, the stars and the moon reflecting off the ocean. And it was gorgeous.

Everyone was laughing and talking to each other and it made me smile. I look over at Cameron and Alexis and he was making her a smore, as he had his arm wrapped around her. Nash was laughing at whatever Taylor was saying and Jack and Jack kept making jokes that were really funny. Carter and Lily were making smores. Aaron was talking to Matt right beside me, and Shawn was playing his guitar giving us some music to listen to. 

I feel a hand touch my thigh and I quickly snap out of it. "Earth to Stephanie." Matt laughs. I roll my eyes and smile. "Come with me." He says and slowly interlocks his fingers with mine. 

I nod my head and we both stand up, and sneak away. We start walking farther down the beach, so that no one could see us anymore. Matt starts to swing our hands and starts to get a little flirty, but I don't mind.

"Let's sit down here." He smiles. I honestly didn't care if we sat on the sand, so it was no big deal. 

Matt sits down first and opens his legs so that I could sit inbetween them. I lean my back into his chest as he wraps his around around my waist and holds onto my hands. We both stare out at the ocean as our heads lean against each other. All you could hear was the crashing of the waves, and I could literally just fall asleep right now in Matt's arms because it was just so perfect. 

After about 5 minutes of relaxing, I speak up. "So..." I say, "What exactly are we now?" I ask, quietly and cuddle up more into him. 

He tightens his grip around me and sighs. "I wanna be like how we used to be.." He says, "We had so much fun and nobody got inbetween us.."

I play with his hands, as I lean my head into his chest. "Yeah I agree." I start to smile, thinking of all the times we had together. "Remember when we jumped off that cliff." 

I hear him laugh, as he rests his head on top of mine. "Yeah." He says, "And when we made all those vines in the hotel room, then ended up finding Taylor and Alexis sleeping together."

"Oh my god." I laugh, "Good times..." 

"I want us to be like that again." Matt says, getting more serious. "Should we give it a second chance?" He asks.

I nod my head yes and smile. "Yeah.. we'll see how it goes and then go from there."

"Okay." Matt says and pulls me closer into him. "I think we'll make it work." 

"I think so too." I say, looking out into the water. After a few more minutes of sitting there, we finally decide to get up. Before we start to walk back, I go right into Matt's arms and give him a hug. His arms wrap around me, as my head rests on his shoulder. I then pull away and he connects our hands right away.

"Ready to go back?" He asks and I smile.

"Yeah." I hold onto his arm, as we walk back down the beach towards our house. 

We arrive back at the fire, and everyone was quiet just listening to Shawn sing and play guitar. Me and Matt sit back down, acting like we didn't go anywhere. I cuddle up next to him and watch Shawn sing beautifully.

All of sudden, the boys start to joke around and start to sing along. Everyone begins clapping to the beat and it was a lot of fun. Cameron and Nash get up and start dancing around the fire and it makes me laugh. Shawn was laughing as he was singing and we were all just having a really good time. I really love these guys...

--

Omggg I love this chapter, so I hope you guys do too :)

Comment what you think!

xoxo