Chapter 58

Stephanie's POV

"Stop!" I yell at Jake, trying to get him off of me. 

Finally he lets go and pushes me back, as I rub my wrists where his hands were. "Chill out." He rolls his eyes and looks at me. "I thought you wanted to know more about Lily."

"I do." I quietly say back, giving him a dirty look.

"Well then I'll tell you, if you just come with me." He says.

As much as I dislike him right now, I really want to know more about what Lily said about Matt... and the rest of the boys and what this girl is up to.

"Fine. But only for a couple minutes." I say and follow him off the dancefloor, but staying a few feet behind him.

We walk up a set of stairs and end up at the top of the club, the rooftop. Jake leans up against the ledge looking down at the streets and the lights of the city. I lean up against it also, but make sure to stay a foot away. 

"What do you wanna know?" He asks, as the light wind blows through his hair.

I look away from him and at the view. "What did she say about that party she went to?" I ask, wanting to know more details.

I hear him sigh and then begin talking. "Well she said that Carter invited her and a few other girls. It was at the beach with a camp fire I guess." I can start to feel the knives stabbing into me as he continues to talk. "Somehow she met this kid, I think his name was Matt and they ended up talking awhile. They all went to the parking lot and Matt dragged her behind a car. She said they started making out and one thing lead to another and-"

"Okay stop. Please." I say before he can finish. I feel my eyes start to water, but I force myself not to cry. "Please tell me you're lying."

I see him look at me and his eyes widen, like he didn't mean to say something. "Oh, um, I'm sorry. Did I say something offensive?" He asks and stands up straighter, noticing my teary eyes.

"Matt's my boyfriend." I say, wiping the tears away with my hands. "I swear to god Jake, if you're lying to me I will flip shit." I say sternly.

"Oh I didn't know. I'm sorry." He says trying to comfort me. "And no I'm not, that's just what Lily told me." 

"I can't believe this." I say, running my fingers through my hair pulling at the roots. I reach for my phone in my pocket and notice that I have 3 missed calls from Matt. I ignore it and put it back in my pocket and make my way back downstairs into the club.

I search the whole place for Lily but she is nowhere to be found. I end up sitting at the bar by myself and eventually I order another drink. Normally I wouldn't do this, but I'm just overwhelmed right now and I need to forget about this. Matt lied to me.

I finish my drink in about 2 minutes and order another. I could now start to feel the alcohol in my system and my worries wash away. I hear my phone ringing and I press the ignore button when I see that it's Alexis. I don't feel like talking to any of them right now.

"What's a gorgeous girl like you doing sitting all alone?" I hear a man say and take the seat next to me. I cringe when I look at him and stand up before he can say anything again. 

Suddenly he grabs my waist and pulls me against him. I scramble in his arms but there's no getting out. His grip gets tighter and tighter and it actually starts to hurt. I begin to scream but his hand covers my mouth before anyone hears. 

"Shut the hell up." He growls into my ear and pulls my back into his chest, rubbing his hands up my thighs. He starts to lift the bottom of my dress up, reaching his hand to touch my underwear while his other hand is still covering my mouth.