Chapter 41

Stephanie's POV

"I'm gonna go back to Cam's room!" Alexis yells to me as I walk into the bathroom.

"Have fun!" I laugh. 

I shut the bathroom door and start to get undressed. I then hop into the shower and clean up. When I'm done, I put my hair up in a towel and also wrap a towel around my body. Since I didn't bring any clothes with me in here, I walk back out into the room and go to the dresser to grab an outfit. 

Just as I'm about to drop my towel to change into the clothes, the door comes flying open. 

"Oh my god!" I say and grab the towel, pulling it fully around me. 

"Oh wow." Nash laughs, "Don't worry, it wouldn't be the first I've seen you like this."

I laugh and shake my head, "What are you doing here?" 

"Well, Taylor and everyone left to go look at beach houses and so I came here to see you." He says, "And now I'm seeing more of you than I expected...." 

"Ha ha.. very funny." I roll my eyes. I grab the clothes I was gonna change into and make my way back to the bathroom. "I'll be right out."  

"Okay." Nash sits on the bed to wait for me. 

Since I was now in a rush, I just leave my hair wavy and put on my makeup really quick. I change into my clothes finally and then walk back out. 

"Sorry bout that." I say and laugh, while sitting next to him. 

"Nah it's cool." He says, smiling. "So are we doing something today or..?"

"Um..I don't know." I shrug, "Matt's introducing me to his new friend today." I say, rolling my eyes. 

"Oh, that's rough." 

"Yeah, but whatever. It's cool."

"Wanna go take a walk on the boardwalk or something?" He asks and holds out his hand for me to grab.

I look at his hand and smile as I interlock my fingers with his. "Yes!" I say, as we both stand up and walk out the door. 

When we arrive at the boardwalk, we just start talking as we walk passed a bunch of shops. "Yo, remember that one time when we all bought penny boards there?" Nash asks and points to the skate board store. 

"Oh my god, yeah! That was so much fun.." I say. "We should definitely do that again."

"Yeah we should." Nash smiles, "Let's go to the amusement park!"

"Okay!" I say, excitingly. We both walk to the end of the boardwalk where the amusement park was and talk about which ride we should go on first. We decide on a roller coaster that went upside down. We wait in line, then it was finally our turn. It was so much fun and I screamed the whole time while Nash was laughing his ass off. When we were done with that ride, we rode a couple other roller coasters and it was a lot of fun.

We both sit on a bench and talk about how much fun the rides were. My hair was so messy now, but I didn't even care. 

"Wanna get some cotton candy?" Nash asks.

"Yeah!" I say and stand up, pulling him with me. We walk over to the stand that had cotton candy and I tell Nash that I wanted the pink kind. Since there was so much in one bag, we decide to just share it. He pays for it and I thank him, then we just keep walking around the park while eating it. 

Eventually, a couple hours go by and we didn't even realize it. We play a bunch of games and I keep losing them all. But, Nash was kind enough to win me a huge stuffed bear.

"Oh my god Nash!!" I say, as the guy hands me the bear. "Thank you so much!" I jump into his arms. He wraps his arms around me and squeezes me tight.

"No problem." He smiles. I carry the bear around with me on the boardwalk, as me and Nash start to walk closer and closer to each other. He finally grabs my hand and slips his fingers through mine, which makes me smile really big. 

"Let's go back on the beach." I say, still smiling. 

"Alright." Nash says, pulling me towards him as we step foot on the sand. We keep walking and decide to sit down at the edge of the water, but not close enough to get wet. The sun was beginning to set, so the sky was a light purple color. 

"It's so pretty." I say, glaring out at the ocean and the sky. 

"I know right." Nash smiles. We talk for awhile, while the sky was getting darker and the lights from the pier were reflecting off the water. 

Then suddenly, Nash's phone goes off and he picks it up. "Hey Taylor, what's up?" He says into his phone, as he puts it on speaker so that I could hear also. 

"Hey bro, we found a house!" He says, and you could hear the other boys in the background talking. 

"Sweet dude, we'll have to come see it tomorrow!" Nash says.

"Yeah everyone has to come tomorrow so that we can make the official deal." He says, "Bro, the house is huge and it's literally right on the beach."

"Awesome, can't wait to see it." Nash says. They both say bye and hang up. "Wanna go back to the hotel now?" He asks.

"Sure." I say, smiling as he grabs my hands and pulls me up off the sand. I grab my stuffed bear that Nash won for me and carry it back down the beach. 

"Woah." Nash stops and looks ahead, as we were walking. 

"What?" I ask, trying to see what he was looking at. 

"Matt." Nash says and points. I squint my eyes to see in the dark and I finally see him. Matt was walking with another girl as they were holding hands and laughing together. 

"C'mon let's go talk to them!" Nash says.

"Nash, no." I say, but he drags me behind him anyways. When we catch up to them, Nash was the first one to say something. 

"Oh hey Matt, didn't even notice you!" He says, obviously lying. 

"Hey Nash." Matt says and laughs, then looks at me. "Um.. this is Lily." Matt says and points to the brunette next to him. She just smiles and says hey. Somehow, she looked very familiar to me. "Lily, this is Nash and.. Stephanie." Matt introduces us.

"You guys are so cute together!" She smirks, "Are you dating?"

"No, we're ju-" I start to say but Nash cuts me off. "Yes, we are." He says and puts his arm around my shoulder. I look at Matt and see him roll his eyes.

Matt then takes his arm and puts it around Lily. "So are we." He fake smiles.

Lily looks confused for a second, but eventually agrees and just nods her head. "We should go on a double date sometime!" She says, "How about tomorrow?"

"Sure!" Nash says right away. Me and Matt look at each other and I just sigh.

"Sounds good." I say and look at the ground as I feel Nash's arm move down to my waist.

--

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Hope you're liking the story so far :)

xoxo