Chapter 54

Stephanie's POV

Before I go to bed, I jump in the shower. When I'm done, my wet hair hangs down my back as I change into a pair of shorts and a shirt to sleep in. I wasn't sure where Matt was, so I just sat on my bed and start to read a book that I've been reading for awhile now. I get so into the book that I don't even pay attention to my surroundings. I almost jump 10 feet in the air when I hear the door open to my bedroom. I look up to see who it is and I'm completely surprised by the person sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Hey." Lily says and smiles. Probably a fake smile. 

I close my book, setting it on the bed and then I glance back up at her. "Hi?" I respond back and give her a dirty look. 

"Can we talk?" She asks and makes herself more comfortable on my bed by crossing her legs. 

"Um, sure I guess." I shrug, confused as to why she would want to talk to me after what I did to her last night.

"Look, I know we don't get along very well..." She starts to say, and I chuckle to myself. "But I just want to apologize, you know.. for fighting with you in the hotel room."

"And for calling you a slut." She adds in and I roll my eyes. 

I look at her with a confused look on my face, but then start to lighten up a little. "Why would you apologize after I just colored your whole face with a Sharpie?" I ask honestly.

She sighs, "Because I knew that you were just trying to get back at me, for being with Matt and other stuff.."

"No no it's fine. I should be the one apologizing." I spoke, surprised as to why I just said that.

I see a smile start to appear on her face, which makes me feel a little better. "Do you think we could maybe hang out sometime?" She asks. 

I think about it for a second then nod my head and smile back, "Yeah of course." 

"Okay!" She says and stands up, "Does tomorrow night sound good?" 

"Yeah, sounds good!" I say and she walks out of my room, just as Matt walks in. They exchange looks and Matt just shuts the door. I could tell that he knew something was up because he obviously knows that I never liked Lily.

"What was that all about?" He asks, running his fingers through his hair. 

"Oh. It was nothing." I say, picking my book back up and opening to the page I left off on.

"Tell me." Matt says and sits down on my bed.

"Lily just apologized.." I began, "And she wants to hang out tomorrow night." I say as my eyes are still looking down at my book. 

"What? Are you gonna?" He asks, with a surprising look on his face.

I nod my head and look up at him. "Yeah. I mean..how bad can it be?" 

I hear Matt sigh from across me. "Just be careful okay?" 

What? Why is he telling me to be careful? Does he know something that I don't? All these thoughts started running through my mind and I was beyond confused. I mean, maybe he's just worried about me being with Lily. But why?

"I will." I say and force a smile, trying not to overthink things. He kisses my forehead and stands up to go back to his room.

"Come with me." He says and smirks, holding his hand out for me to take. I smile and take his hand, standing up off the bed. We walk into his room and the second after he shuts the door, he pushes his lips to mine. My back hits the door as his hands run down my body. I open my mouth a little more and his tongue makes its way in. I feel a shock run through my body and I couldn't help but deepen the kiss.

I pull away for a second as his head moves to my neck. Our breathing was very heavy and I lean my head against the door as Matt's lips suck my neck. "You should stay with me tomorrow night instead." He whispers into my neck.

"Matt, I have plans." I say, as he lifts he head to look me in the eyes. Our lips softly touched again and it actually gave me chills. 

He pulls back and leans his forehead against mine. "Please." He says, so quiet that I could barely hear him.

"Why don't you want me to hang out with Lily?" I ask as he steps away from me. He sits down at the edge of his bed and just stares at the ground. What is his problem?

"Matt." I say, since he didn't answer me.

"What." He snaps.

I walk over to stand in front of him. I cross my arms and look down at him, "Answer me!" 

He sighs. "I don't know. I just thought you didn't like her..."

"That's why you don't want me to go?" I ask in kind of snotty tone.

"Um. She's just a bad influence." He says, still looking at the ground.

I laugh a little bit, "Matt, I'll be fine." I kneel down on the floor between his legs. "You can trust me." 

He reaches his hand over and moves a piece of hair out of my face. "I know." He finally smiles. "Now come here." He grabs me by the waist and pulls me on top of him on the bed. I laugh as I fall on top of him. We connect our lips again and it honestly feels so good. 

"I'm tired." I pout as our lips part. 

"Let's go to bed babe." He says, which makes me smile. I love when he calls me babe. He pulls back the comforters and we both climb in and cover up. I turn on my side as Matt wraps his arm around my waist pulling my back against his chest. I could feel him breathing on my neck as he whispers, "Goodnight."

I close my eyes and start to drift off, "Goodnight." I say back, quietly.

I still think about me and Matt's relationship at the moment. Are we actually 'dating'? I wasn't sure, but I was too nervous to ask. Hopefully we will just talk about it another day.. I'll probably have to be the one to bring it up. Do I want to be in a relationship with him? I thought. Duh, of course I do. At least I think so? When I wake up in the morning, I sneak out of bed to go to the bathroom and then get changed. Matt was still sleeping, like always. 

I leave my hair natural and grab my makeup bag, putting some makeup on but not too much since we were going to the beach today. I put my bikini on underneath a shirt and a pair of Hollister jean shorts. I walk back into Matt's room and lay back down on the bed next to him. I reach my hand over to run my fingers through his hair and I see his eyes slowly open. "Goodmorning sleepyhead." I say, running my fingers down his cheek.

"Goodmorning beautiful." He says in a raspy morning voice that makes my heart melt. He leans up and kisses me softly on the lips and then lays back down, closing his eyes. I laugh and shake my head, getting off the bed. I feel a hand grasp around my wrist and pull me back down. "Don't go." He whines, his eyes slightly open. I lay back down next to him as he wraps his arm around me, rubbing my back. We were face to face and I can't help but stare at his lips and then back up to his gorgeous eyes. 

"What are we doing today?" He asks.

"Going to the beach. Remember?" I say and giggle. "So get up and get ready!" I get out of his grip, even though I could lay there all day. I reach for his hands and pull him up out of bed. He groans and stumbles to stand up. I laugh and quick kiss him on the cheek. "I'll be downstairs." 

"Wait, no." He says, before I could leave. I see him point to his lips and I roll my eyes. "No cheek." He says. I laugh and walk back over to him as he wraps his arms around my waist picking me up. Our lips connects and he puts me back down. I pull away and bite my lip, trying to hide the growing smile on my face.

"I'll see you downstairs." He smirks, while I walk out the door and into the hallway. I have so many butterflies in my stomach right now from Matt. I just can't help but smile as I walk down the stairs and make my way into the living room.