Chapter 35

Stephanie's POV

"Nash?" I ask, pulling away from the hug. "I don't really want to sleep alone with just Carter in the room.. it's kind of awkward." I say and laugh.

"Um, I could ask Aaron to see if he could have Carter sleep in his room for tonight." He says. 

"Ok, thanks." I say. "It's just kind of weird without Matt there, ya know."

"Yeah I understand." Nash says, "I'll go ask Aaron right now." 

"Okay, I'll go tell Carter." I say and turn around to go into the room. 

I walk into the room and I see Carter packing all of his stuff into his suitcase. "Hey Carter?" 

"Hey what's up." He says and stands up.

"So, I think Aaron wants you to sleep in his room tonight." I say, hoping that he would want to. 

"Oh really?" He asks, "Are you fine with being alone in here?" 

"Yeah, I'm totally fine!" I smile. 

"Alright then, I guess I'll go to his room!" He says and leaves the room, as I follow right behind him. 

As we get into the hallway, I see Nash walk out of Aaron's room. Carter goes passed him and into their room, as the door shuts behind him. 

"All good!" Nash says and smiles, walking up to me. 

"Sweet!" I say and grab his hand, pulling him closer. "So you wanna sleep in my room for the night?" I ask and smile, while slowly walking back into the room. 

I see a smile grow on his face and he looks me in the eyes. "Sure." He says, as we make our way into my room while shutting the door behind us. 

"You can have that bed." I say and point to Carter's bed. 

"Okay!" Nash plops down on it.

I lay down on my bed and face him, "Are you ready for Florida?"

"Yup, are you?" He asks.

"I am soooo ready." I laugh. 

"I wonder if Matt's still coming.." 

I sigh, "Ugh, I don't even know.."

I hear Nash's phone vibrate and he jumps up to get it. He looks confused when he looks at his phone, "I just got a text from a random number." .

I get off my bed and walk over to sit next to him. "What does it say?" I ask and lean over to look.

He opens the text message and turns out it wasn't a text...it was a picture. 

"Holy shit." Nash whispers to himself. He hands the phone over to me so I could see. I click on the picture and zoom in. I can't believe it.

I cover my mouth with my hand, "Oh my god." I whisper.

We both sit there, staring at a picture of me and Nash on a surboard.....kissing. It's quiet for a moment as we just sit there, taking it all in. 

"Who took that?!" I ask, breaking the silence. "There was literally no one around us!" I'm beginning to freak out.

"I have no clue.." Nash says, "But c'mon, at least we look pretty hot." 

"Nash!!" I stand up to face him. "I'm serious!"

"Okay okay, I'm sorry." He laughs.

"Nobody can see that picture, especially Matt." I say and start pacing back and forth. 

"Steph, don't worry about it right now." Nash says and reaches out to grab my hands to stop me from pacing. "We'll just come up with an excuse or something if he finds out." 

"But that was an obvious kiss, there's no excuse for that." I say and sigh, sitting back down. 

"Well...did you enjoy it?" He asks.

I look up at him and start to smile."Yes." I say, telling him the truth.

"Then there doesn't have to be an excuse." He says, "....Now let's get ready for bed." 

I let out a deep breath and stand up, "I still want to know who sent you that picture." 

"Yeah me too." Nash says and walks into the bathroom. While he's in there, I change into my sleep clothes; shorts and a t-shirt. I climb into my bed and underneath the comforters and slowly shut my eyes, because I was exhausted. When Nash finally comes out of the bathroom, he turns the lights off so it was pitch black in the room. "Night Steph." He says and climbs into his bed. 

"Night Nash." I say, as we both fall asleep.

....

After Nash and I wake up, Nash goes back to his room and I get ready and finish packing my suitcase. I check my phone for any messages, but there are none. Once I'm done with my suitcase, I zipper it up and roll it to the door. Carter comes back in the room to finish packing his suitcase also. 

"Got everything?" He asks me, as I stand by the door and wait for him. I look around the room to make sure I didn't leave anything behind, but as I do that I notice something. 

"Um, Carter?" I ask, "When did Matt come back to get all of his stuff before he left?"

"Yesterday while we were at Magcon." Carter says, "Weren't you here to see him?" 

I pause for a moment and stutter with my words. "I-um, I must've been down at the pool or something." I say, obviously lying. 

That's probably why Matt never answered my calls. That's probably why he never called me to tell me he was leaving. He knew. He knew that I was out somewhere with Nash and that crushed me inside just thinking about it.

"Oh." Carter says, "Let's go see if the guys are ready to leave." 

I open the door and walk out into the hall, while dragging my suitcase behind me. Carter does the same as well. Nash's door is wide open and everyone in that room also walks into the hall with their suitcases. Taylor knocks on Aaron's door and yells to see if they're ready. Then, the door finally opens and him, Jack and Jack walk out with their suitcases. 

"Florida here we come!!" Taylor yells, as we make our way down the hall. I laugh and then slow down walking so that I end up by Nash. 

"I call the window seat." I say to him and smile. 

He nudges me on my shoulder with his shoulder and smiles, "As long as I get to sit next to you." He says, quietly so that no one else would hear. 

We eventually walk out of the hotel and get a shuttle to take us to the airport. When we arrive at the airport, we first have to check in and give them our suitcases. We still have about an hour till we board the plane, so everyone just kind of splits off into groups and walks around. I end up with Nash and Cameron. 

After some time, we go to our gate and board the plane. In the plane there were 3 seats on each side. Right away, I pick a seat and move straight to the window as Nash is right behind me and Cameron was behind him. 

Nash sits next to me and Cameron sits next to Nash. I check my phone one last time before putting it into airplane mode, but I have no new messages. I sigh the lean my head against the window and get into a comfortable position and then finally put my phone into airplane mode. I feel Nash's arm move right up against my arm and I turn to him and smile. 

The plane finally starts to move, and a few minutes later we take off. We were now in the air, flying back to Orlando, Florida. Surprisingly, the only thing on my mind was Matt.

--

So I'm not sure if I should have Steph end up with Nash or Matt?

I have some different ideas, so just be ready :)

xoxo