Chapter 48

Stephanie's POV

After me and Matt walk around the entire house to check it out, we sit down in the living room. We talk for a little bit, then Taylor and Carter walk in from outside. 

"So I was thinking, maybe we could have a nice dinner for tonight and celebrate our new house." Taylor says, walking into the kitchen as Carter sits next to Matt. 

"Yeah definitely!" I say, and look at Matt with a smile.

All of a sudden, I hear someone running down the stairs and then I look to see Nash and Cameron running into the living room. They were laughing and out of breath, so who knows what they were doing. They sit down on the couch next to me and just continue talking. 

Alexis, Aaron, Shawn, Jack and Jack eventually come in with the rest of us and sit down to talk. I scoot closer to Matt on the couch and I feel his hand touch mine. I blush and look away. We all start talking to each other and then we hear the front door open, and it gets silent.

"Who's here?" Nash asks. 

"Ummm.." Carter begins to say but was cut off by the sound of footsteps and a rolling suitcase. We all turn around and see Lily walk into the room. 

It's quiet for a second but then I speak up. "What the hell is she doing here..." I say and give her a dirty look. I thought she would be on her way back home by now, but guess not.

"Carter invited me." She glares at me.

I quickly look at Carter and he just looks down. "Carter can I talk to you please?" I say in a girly voice and smile. 

"Uh sure." He says. We both stand up and as we start to walk out, I grab Matt's hand and pull him with me because I figure he would talk some sense into Carter. The 3 of us walk out of the living room and up the stairs quickly. We get into the hallway and just stop.

"Why would you invite her??" I ask Carter. "Do you not remember what happened between us yesterday?" 

"She's one of my really good friends!" He defends. "Maybe you two should just work it out or something.." He says, then rolls his eyes.

"Matt." I whine and turn towards him.

"Ugh." Matt groans. "C'mon bro, can't she just live somewhere else for the summer?"

"Dude, she has no one else to stay with!" Carter says. "She'll be fine, I'll talk to her.."

Matt looks at me and shrugs his shoulders, "How bad could it be?" 

"Um.. we literally got into a fist fight yesterday. Over you!" I say to Matt.

Matt looks back over at Carter, "Just keep her under control." 

"Yeah I will, trust me." Carter says and then walks away, leaving me and Matt alone. 

"Well, thanks for nothing." I say and cross my arms. 

"Just ignore her Steph." He reaches out for my hand. I let him grab it and pull me closer to him. "I won't let her touch you, okay?"

"Okay." I finally start to smile at how cute he's being.

"Ok, now come with me." He says and pulls me with him back down the stairs and out the front door.

"Wait, where are you guys going?" I hear someone say, before the front door shuts. I grab the door and turn around to see Nash. Matt stops and turns around also. 

"To the beach." Matt says, from behind me. I nod my head and look up at Nash.

"Oh... alright." Nash says and starts to turn around. The look on his face kind of makes me feel bad for him. After all, Nash was really great help for me and helped me get Matt back. He deserved a nice thank you.

"Wait, Nash!" I say, running back into the house. Matt pulls his eyebrows together and just watches me, as he stands in the doorway. Nash turns back around and looks at me. "Tomorrow. Let's go hang out and talk or something." I say.

I see a smile appear on his face and it makes me feel a lot better. "Sure." He says, "Just let me know when."

"Yeah of course." I say, realizing Matt was still standing at the doorway. "Well, I'll see you later." I smile, then walk back over to Matt as Nash walks away. 

We both finally walk out the doorway and neither of us say a word. We walk to the back of the house and to the beach, since it was pretty much our backyard. 

"Why are you being so quiet all of a sudden?" I ask and nudge him on the shoulder.

"No reason." Matt says, staring at the sand as we keep walking.

"C'mon. Just tell me!" I say and start to get antsy.

"No it's nothing!" He laughs.

I stop walking as we get to the edge of the water. I interlock my fingers with his and pull him closer to me, so now our feet were in the water. "If you don't tell me, then I'll drag you in." 

"Ha yeah right." Matt rolls his eyes and trys to release his hands from mine but I wouldn't let him. I start backing up more into the water, dragging him along with me. 

"Just tell me!" I say, still backing up as the water kept getting higher.

"Why should I?"

"Alright, that's it." I say. I pull him into me, turn around and then push him under water. But as he was going under, he grabs my shirt and pulls me with him. I scream and close my eyes as my body goes under. 

Our heads pop up above water and we laugh really hard, but then get serious. Matt's eyes look into mine as we were soaking wet. "It's because of Nash.." He says, quietly. "I'm scared that you'll end up falling for him again."

I sigh and close my eyes for a second, then open them. "Matt.." I begin to say. "It's always been you. You know that, right?"

He shakes his head and smiles. "I wish we could just start over..." 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Ya know.. Like maybe someday we can finally get all of this right..." He says. "And maybe that someday can be tonight.."

--

I really hope these chapters don't suck because I've been really busy lately, and I've been traveling a lot so I've been kind of rushing. But I hope you all are enjoying it!!

Comment what you think :)

xoxo