Taking My Daily Vitamin

Today I am going to share two vitamins that can make life easier. It is important if you are going to build a house to get to know your tools. If you want to nail two pieces of wood together you use a hammer and a nail. The way you swing the hammer will decide if you need to go and get another nail or if you can build quickly with that swing. In the same way, we musicians use plugins to "nail" the sound. 

Today, I spent some time learning about Waves Vitamin. An amazing plugin that helps you get the right balance and sound in a group track. I used it on my drums and got a great deal more punch. I followed this video and really appreciate his instructions. Recommend it highly. There are many different ways to do things and different plugins to use. This one is a combination of compressor, EQ, sonic enhancer and more. Saves time and CPU, and I loved the results. 

It takes some time to play around with every new plugin you find and it takes time to learn when to use each one. Sometimes less is more. As I gain more experience, I learn when to use each one and when to leave the channel alone. Learning takes time. 10,000 hours?

I also took time to be inspired - something I need to get every day, just like a multivitamin. This is such a great video! 10 rules of success. Enjoy!

That's all for today.