Growing A Community

Building a fanbase isn't easy. It is doomed from the start if all you want is to be popular. I do this music because I want to impact people for the better, not to puff myself up or prove my value. 

Building a "community" , however, is fun, more rewarding but also harder to do. But it is doable. It is a process.

In order to build a community you need to: 

- have a webpage that looks good

- have a constant social media presence

- make great music regularly

- have a great (real) story 

- understand your community, their needs and how/where/when to communicate with them

- a way to build you email list

There are loads of great tips out there on the Internet and the articles that help indie musicians is growing. I think this page is one of the better I've seen. www.makeitinmusic.com is a godsend for indie artists. Check it out. 

This pic was from this great link: http://www.makeitinmusic.com/musician-website/

One thing that most miss when talking about music promotion is the character of the musician/artist

Honesty and vulnerability go a long way!

There is a lot to be said about building a community. I can't possible cover everything here, and, I am no expert. But one thing is for sure, it takes a great deal of time and effort to build a community. Your engagement with them will grow according to how much you love on them. 

I'm not in it for the money. I just want people to get peace of mind through God's unconditional love. But I have to admit that I have bills to pay and need to invest in equipment in order to do this work so conversion would be great - although it is not the goal. 

ADDITIONAL GREAT LINK:

https://www.articulatemarketing.com/blog/personas-make-intoxicating-content?hs_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true