THE BIG FOUR STORY:Chapter 91 - Stopping the Outcasts

Hiccup’s P.O.V

After the fight with the shadow and the purification of Pitch, we made our way towards home. The Outcasts were on their way towards Dunbroch and we were closing in. Surprisingly the Outcasts deemed that this the easiest way of attack was by ship. Our task wasn’t as simple as I had hoped. Pitch was no longer his threatening self, how was he going to convince an entire Viking army or Outcasts to seize fire? “So what’s the plan here?” Merida asked as we circled above the leading ship of the armada. “The plan is for Pitch to convince the Outcasts to stop.” I answered. I glanced back at Pitch to see how nervous he was. “Can you do it?” I asked him seriously. He nodded his head yes but his eyes seemed frightened, something with him was off. I couldn’t read him at all; for I was so used to a being that always inflicted fear not felt it. “There are a lot of lives at risk here, we are counting on you.” Merida stated as she grasped Pitch’s hand and sqeezed it reassuringly. “I believe you can do this. We both do.” Merida chuckled as she gestured towards the two of us. Pitch smiled awkwardly before looking below at the ships. “Okay, let’s do this!” Pitch exclaimed. “You heard him Bud!” I laughed as I guided Toothless downward. Why dive bombed straight towards the leading ship and landed hard against the wooden deck. Instantly outcasts surrounded us armed with weapons. Alvin was the first to emerge from group. “Play along.” Pitch whispered to me before he dismounted Toothless. “Pitch?” Alvin asked as he eyed Toothless and I. “You brought the dragon boy?” He inquired. “It’s the King of Nightmares to you!” Pitch snapped as he turned sharply towards Alvin. I was rather impressed by the tone Pitch had just mustered, he almost nearly sounded like his old self. Alvin cowered in a bow and then looked away from Pitch. “I want all of you to back up and return to Outcast Island until I give you the word to leave.” Pitch ordered. “But we were about to attack Dunbroch like you told us to.” Alvin commented. Pitch narrowed his eyebrows and shoved Alvin so he fell over. “There’s been a change of plans! Now set course for Outcast Island! If you disobey me all of you worst fears will become a reality.” He threatened.  All of the Outcasts stood still in horror. “You heard him! Set course for home!” Alvin shouted. Almost instantly the sails were set and the ship turned around. “When do I get my dragon trainer?” Alvin whined. Pitch tensed slightly at his comment as he turned and looked at me.  “The Dragon boy and the Scot are under my control. They have duties of their own to fulfill, as do you!” Pitch snapped. Alvin yelped as he fell back in terror. Alvin was a fierce some Viking who always and his eye on a certain prize; to train a dragon. Something told me that the old Pitch scared him down to the core, for now he was literally shaking just at the sight of Pitch. “Yes sir!” Alvin shouted as he scurried away. “Stay on Outcasts Island until further notice!” Pitch ordered as he mounted Toothless and took a seat behind Merida and I. The Vikings murmured in response and then went back to work. Once it was clear that the ship was well on its way back to Outcast Island we left. “For once something wasn’t difficult!” Merida laughed. “It’s a good thing too, otherwise I don’t know what we would have done.” I stated. Pitch was awfully silent as we flew back towards the place where we had left Jack and Rapunzel.  “What’s the matter?” I asked him. Pitch perked up slightly as I questioned him. “It’s nothing really! Pay no mind to me!” Pitch exclaimed as he avoided eye contact with me. Toothless looked back at us and rolled his eyes at Pitch. “Seriously, what’s wrong? You can tell us.” I stated calmly. “It’s just….Back on the ship….I felt like my old self again. I didn’t like feeling that way. The man seemed so afraid of me. What kind of monster was I?” Pitch cried. “What you did was amazing. You single handedly saved my home. Without you the same thing that happened to Berk would have happened there.” Merida explained. “But it’s my fault it happened on Berk. I am truly sorry for what I did.” Pitch apologized. I sighed impatiently before spotting the rendezvous point with Jack and Rapunzel. “Listen, we know it wasn’t you who did all of those awful things. It was the shadow that possessed you who did all of that. You’re in the clear.” I explained.  After that I directed Toothless towards the ground. We all dismounted him and searched for Rapunzel and Jack.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.