THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 13 - Reunion part 2

Hiccup's P.O.V

      I woke up earlier than usual to prepare for my journey to the North Pole. I didn’t know how long I was going to stay there but I packed a substantial amount of food for Toothless and I. “Come on bud.” I said to Toothless as we quietly walked through the village to the dragon training academy. The arena was thankfully empty. I didn’t want to run into anyone and have to explain why Toothless and I was carrying so much stuff. Toothless playfully ran around the arena while I dug threw a barrel of weapons. “Found it!” I shouted in success. “Found what?” A voice asked from behind me. I jumped at the voice and dropped the battle axe I had picked up from the barrel. I turned around and saw Merida, the princess of a neighboring kingdom. “Merida?” I asked. “Surprised to see me?” She questioned. I nodded my head slowly yes. She giggled as she came closer. “Um not to be rude or anything Merida, but what in the world are you doing here on Berk?” I asked. Her smile faded as I asked the question. “Well funny story that one is.” She said in her thick Scottish accent. I shot her a look of disbelief at her statement. “Is that your dragon?” She questioned trying to change the subject. “Yeah that’s Toothless, but Merida this is serious how did you get here?” I tried but Merida ignored me and ran towards Toothless. “No wait Merida that is a deadly Night Fury!” I warned but Merida just rolled her eyes at me and inched closer to Toothless. Toothless had stopped running around and curled up on the ground as he rested his head on his front legs. “Wow Hiccup he’s a great beast.” Merida complimented as she stuck out her hand to touch him. Toothless immediately opened his eyes and sat up. Merida jumped back a bit but pushes forward. Toothless backed up a bit as Merida kept coming closer with her hand. Toothless than ran off in the other direction and hid behind me. “Oh don’t tell me he’s scared of me.” Merida teased. “It’s not that it’s just that your upfront actions intimidated him a bit I guess. Toothless snarled in response. “Ok correction you don’t intimidate him it’s just he’s not used to girls.” I said as I tried to translate what Toothless was trying to say but received a hard nudge in the back from him. Merida giggled at Toothless’ action. “Anyways why are you all packed up? Planning on going on a little adventure?” She asked. “You could say that.” I stated. Merida bent down and picked up the battle axe I had dropped before and handed it to me. “Then you’re probably going to need this.” She stated.  “Thanks.” I thanked. We sat there in an awkward silence until Merida spoke again. “Can I come with you?” She asked. “To where?” I questioned. “On your adventure!” She shouted in annoyance.  “Um well I’m going somewhere pretty far and I don’t know when I’ll be back so…” I trailed. “That’s perfect! No one will be able to find me and I’ll be away long enough for Mother to hopefully change her mind.” Merida stated as she combed her fingers through her frizzy red hair. “Wait what?” I questioned. “Oh come on Hiccup!” She begged. I buried my face in my hand and groaned. “Fine.” I answered as I lifted my head from my hands. “Yes!” Merida shouted. I quickly covered her mouth with my hand and shushed her. “Be quiet!” I whispered. Merida shot me a questioning look but then realized what I meant when voices could be heard not too far. “I’m guessing you’re not supposed to be leaving.” Merida whispered as she followed me onto Toothless. “Yeah.” I answered. “That makes this even more exciting.” She whispered. “Hold on tight.” I warned. Suddenly Toothless pushed firmly off the ground with his legs and shot into the sky. I felt Merida’s arms wrap around my midsection and her head lean against my back. I froze in pure shock and blushed lightly.

 These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all characters are owned by either Disney or Dreamworks.