THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 84 - Disaster Strikes

Merida’s P.O.V

Things were far different on the ground rather than the air. Most of the flightless fearlings swarmed around Rapunzel and I, but we kept our ground. Rapunzel discovered a way to sing and fight. She multitasked using her pan to knock down fearlings and use her hair to keep a barrier. “How’s it going up there Merida?” Rapunzel asked. “I don’t know I don’t see the boys anywhere.” I answered. “That doesn’t sound good.” Rapunzel groaned as she swung her frying pan at a nearby fearling. “Don’t worry; I’m sure they’re just trying to catch up with Pitch.” I assured. Rapunzel eyed the area above us wearily. “I hope so.” She sighed before she started singing again. I too kept looking up for any short glance of the boys indicating that they had Pitch in their grasp, but there was nothing. Rapunzel and I were quite the duo. Together we took down waves upon waves of nightmares. We were untouchable thanks to Rapunzel’s hair. Her light hearted song echoed inside Pitch’s lair while her hair emitted a warm, golden, light that kept the fearlings distant. After a while Hiccup and Jack finally flew over us. They too were occupied with fearlings and tracking down Pitch. Dragon fearlings flew rapid and fired blasts of nightmare sand constantly, but these dragons were unfortunately untrainable for Hiccup. “There’s too many!” I shouted as I attempted to shoot down more fearlings. It was becoming difficult to fight them of as more and more manifested and attacked. “Get down!” Jack shouted. Quickly I grabbed Rapunzel and dived off to the side. Jack then took his staff and raised it high above his head before forcing it towards the earth. A blast of cold wind whipped through the lair as everything froze over. Everything suddenly turned quiet and still as snow fell and icicles formed from the ceiling. Never before had I seen so much power. Something changed in Jack, he seemed different more confident. He seemed more sure of himself. As I lifted my head to see what the area turned into I spotted Pitch. He was on his back and attempting to jump back into the shadows. “Guys! Over there!” I shouted as I fired an arrow at Pitch. “No!” Jack screamed as he deflected the arrow. Pitch practically fell over in shock; Jack Frost had just saved him. “We don’t kill him remember?” Jack inquired. I helped Rapunzel up and wandered over towards Jack and Pitch. Hiccup landed just beside us on Toothless as we made our way over. Pitch remained sitting as Jack stood over him with his staff ready. “What? Why didn’t you let her kill me?” Pitch rambled as he attempted to crawl away. Jack pinned him with his staff and looked him right in the eye. “Because none of this is your fault, Kozmotis Pitchiner.” Jack sighed as he pulled back his staff. Pitch’s eyes widened in horror as he stood up and stared at Jack in awe. “What did you just call me?” Pitch demanded. “Your name.” Jack answered flatly. “Rapunzel, are you ready?” Jack asked as he turned towards us. Rapunzel nodded her head yes as she unwound her hair and held it loosely in her hands. I watched Pitch wearily as Rapunzel walked towards him. “I’m going to help you remember, okay?” Rapunzel practically whispered. Hiccup stepped closer to me and leaned towards my ear. “Something doesn’t seem right here.” Hiccup whispered to me. I watched closely as Rapunzel knelt beside Pitch and placed her hair over him like a blanket. “You really should have just killed me when you had the chance.” Pitch quietly chuckled as he quickly took a handful of Rapunzel’s hair. In one quick motion Pitch cut straight through Rapunzel’s hair.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.