THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 79 - Running

Merida’s P.O.V

Everything was so dark. I was blind, and alone. After a few short moments a landscape appeared to me. It was home. I saw everyone; the clans, my brothers, and even my parents. They all looked so happy and proud. I looked at myself to see that I was riding Angus into town as everyone stood before the castle. It was almost like they were welcoming me home. I dismounted my horse and quickly ran to my Mother first we embraced and I finally felt safe. She felt warm and smelled like she always did. “I missed you mum.” I exclaimed as I hugged her tighter. She didn’t respond thought. Confused I leaned back to look at her. To my surprise I was no longer hugging my mother but a bear. At first I considered the fact that maybe she had been turned back into one, but this creature before me was different. Its eyes were black and lifeless, just like Mordu’s. I slowly backed away from the animal and reached for my bow. But it wasn’t in my quiver. I panicked and quickly ran towards the forest. Wisps appeared and I followed them deep into the forest until I reached the memorable hill with the tall stone hedges.  At the top of the hill was Mordu. He leaned back on his hind legs and roared a mighty roar before charging me. No matter where I went the beast was always there. I was constantly running and I had no weapon to arm myself with. I was scared, and saw out no solution I just kept running. “Merida! Merida! You need to wake up!” A familiar voice shouted. I ignored the voice and kept running. I couldn’t bother with turning back and listening with Mordu hot on my tail. “Merida! It’s just a nightmare! Wake up!” Hiccup shouted. It was Hiccup who was calling me. I suddenly came to a realization. This wasn’t real. I remembered the death of Mordu and everything in between. This was just a nightmare. I stopped running and faced Mordu. “You aren’t real. You’re just a bad dream.” I stated as I faced the large bear. Just as the beast was to run directly into me; my eyes opened. I saw Hiccup sitting beside me and looking over me worryingly. “Hiccup?” I inquired. “Oh thank Odin you’re awake. I thought you were never going to wake up.” Hiccup sighed in relief. “What do you mean?” I asked as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. “Pitch has put us all to sleep, or in other words a coma. While in our comas he used his nightmare’s to keep us unaware that we were sleeping. He was putting us out of action.” Hiccup explained.  “That’s pretty clever.” I chuckled. Hiccup only rolled his eyes at me, and helped me onto Toothless in response. “C’mon we have to find Rapunzel.” Hiccup stated as we flew away on Toothless.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringment is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.