THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 21 - Voices

Jack's P.O.V

“Don’t stop singing Rapunzel!” Merida shouted as she loosened another arrow.  “There’s so many!” Hiccup shouted. “That could only mean-“ I started. “Let’s hope not.” Hiccup interrupted. I nodded in agreement and continued to fight the nightmares. After at least an hour of fighting there was only two nightmares left. They took off in opposite directions of the forest in fear. “Split up! Hiccup, you and Rapunzel follow the one who ran off in that direction!” I commanded as I pointed to the left. “On it!” Hiccup shouted as Rapunzel stopped signing and mounted Toothless. “Wait I have to go with icicle boy here?” Merida complained. “Let’s go frizz ball.” I teased back. I flew ahead of Merida hoping I could catch the nightmare. As I flew I came across my pond, where I died. I stood on the ice and listened for any sort of movement. I heard a loud rustle above me and saw the nightmare from before. It jumped down to attack but I shot a blast from staff. I cheered in success but a menacing laugh silenced me. I looked around for the source of the voice but no one was around. “Jack what the heck?! You just ran off leaving me behind!” Merida shouted from the bank of the pond. “Jack….” The menacing voice whispered. “Shut up!” I shouted. Merida flinched back. “Excuse me! Do you want to have a go?” Merida threatened. “I wasn’t talking to you.” I murmured as I shook my head. “Well no one else is around so that seemed a bit misleading.” Merida stated as she raised her bow. “Jack behind you!” Merida shouted as she released the arrow. The arrow shot down a nightmare that was right behind me. “Thanks.” I thanked, but Merida’s grin made me want to take it back.  “Jack….You know where to find me.” The voice whispered again. I dropped to my knees and covered my ears. “I said shut up!” I shouted. “What in the world is wrong with you?” Merida asked. I ignored her and flew off. “Jack?!”Merida shouted. “I have to find out for myself.” I said to myself as I reached the broken bed in the middle of the forest. The hole in the ground was open and went down a long ways. “This shouldn’t be here.” I stated. “Jack?!” I heard a sweet voice call. I looked up and saw Hiccup and Rapunzel riding Toothless in the sky. Hiccup motioned that he was coming down. Toothless landed and Hiccup dismounted him as did Rapunzel. “Did you get it?” I asked. “Yeah, actually Rapunzel took care of it.” Hiccup said as he rubbed his arm. I widened my eyes in surprise. “Nice job Punzie.” I complemented. “Yeah who’s the damsel in distress now?” Rapunzel joked as she swung around her frying pan but accidently hit herself in the head. Hiccup and I laughed instantly but then tried to calm down when Rapunzel started to stare us down. “Wait a minute, where’s Merida?” Hiccup asked. I face palmed at his question. “Jack where is she?” Hiccup asked more sternly this time. “I left her at the pond back there.” I explained as I pointed in the direction where I last saw her. “Jack you were supposed to stay with her.” Hiccup sighed. “I know, I know but she’s a tough girl she’ll be fine.” I tried. Hiccup just sighed and mounted Toothless. “I’m going to go look for her.” Hiccup stated. “Have fun lover boy!” I teased. Hiccup shook his head with a soft smile before he took off into the forest to find Merida. “Why did you leave her behind?” Rapunzel asked. “I heard something.” I tried. Rapunzel saw the old broken bed behind me and walked towards it. “Rapunzel don’t!” I shouted as I grabbed her arm and pulled her to my chest. She gasped quietly at my roughness. “I’m sorry, it’s just that isn’t the best place to get too close to right now.” I tried. She looked up at me with her big, emerald eyes in concern.  I sighed and stroked her cheek. She blushed and stepped back out of my embrace. I chuckled at her embarrassment and continued to pursue her. “What’s the matter Punzie? You know your cheeks are really red right?” I teased. She scoffed and used her hands to cover her cheeks.

 These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.