THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 36 - Home Sick

Merida's P.O.V

“She’s with Jack.” I answered. Snotlout rolled his eyes at me and turned to his dragon. “What do you think is going on with Jack?” I asked Hiccup. He shrugged at my question. “Hiccup.” I stated sternly. He lowered his head at my tone. “I think he’s hiding something from us.” Hiccup said flatly. “What would he be hiding?” I questioned. “Who knows he seems to have a pretty rough past, I think its best we leave him be.” Hiccup suggested. “Yes but then we won’t find out anything.” I stated. Hiccup chuckled at my comment. “Always so frontward aren’t we?” He teased. I scrunched up my nose and shook my head at him as I laughed. “You know it.” I teased back. “So have you decided?” Hiccup asked me. “Decided what?” I inquired. “Have you decided that you want to stop by your folks?” Hiccup corrected. I groaned in annoyance as I slumped against Toothless. The dragon rumbled softly but let me lean against him anyways. I scratched behind his ear as I talked to Hiccup. “I feel like I should, but I’m afraid that they won’t let me go after I do.” I explained. “Don’t worry if they don’t let you go Rapunzel, Jack, and I will bust you out of there.” Hiccup stated as he sat next to me. “Ha that would be great.” I said sarcastically. “What’s wrong Merida?” Hiccup asked with concern. He sensed that my sarcasm was a cover-up. “I just don’t want to hurt my Mother again.” I sighed. “I love her so much; I don’t want to lose her again.” I explained as I fought back tears. Hiccup seemed to be struggling with what he should do to comfort me but he pulled me into a hug and whispered words of comfort anyways. “Shh it’s alright Merida, she’s your Mother she’ll love you no matter what you do.” Hiccup explained. “Um are we interrupting something?” A voice asked. I looked up and saw Jack standing there with Rapunzel thrown over his shoulder. “Put me down!” Rapunzel demanded as she kicked her legs and swung her arms. Jack laughed as he set her down. Rapunzel’s cheeks were red with embarrassment. “You all right Punzie?” I laughed as I wiped away my tears. “Were you crying Mer?” Rapunzel asked me as she knelt down next to me. “Yeah but I’m alright, just a bit home sick is all.” I laughed as I waved her off. “Guess we should pay a little visit to them then.” Jack suggested. Hiccup nodded in agreement. “Alright I guess we should.” I chuckled. “Hiccup will get the opportunity to tell your parents that you two are dating now!” Rapunzel commented. Hiccup paled and laughed nervously. He looked at me in horror, but I just gave him a sweet smile in return. He took comfort in my attempt to comfort him and relaxed. “Ha yeah then maybe he’ll have the opportunity to compete with all the other suitors.” Jack teased. “Other suitors?” Hiccup asked. “It’s only one suitor….unless more asked for my hand in my absence.” I laughed nervously. Hiccup face palmed as he stood up. “Then it looks like I’ll just have to fight for your hand then.” Hiccup said seriously. I blushed slightly until Jack began his teasing once more. “Or you could let your lizard here lose on all of the suitors.” Jack laughed as he pointed towards Toothless. Rapunzel nudged him harshly and he shut up instantly. “Thanks Punzie.” Hiccup thanked. Rapunzel smiled back at him then grabbed Jack’s hand and looked up at him. I gave her a smirk and raised my eyebrows. She smiled back as she pulled him along. “Let me say bye to everyone real quick before we take off.” Hiccup stated as he faced his friends from Berk. He cleared his throat and they all turned to him. “Since some of you were upset that I left without saying something I felt that it was necessary to tell you this time. I’m leaving and I don’t know when I’ll be back actually, hopefully soon, but you never know right?” Hiccup laughed nervously. Astrid huffed in annoyance. “You’re leaving already?” she asked. “Uh yeah.” Hiccup mumbled. “Good riddance.” Snotlout snarled. “Uncalled for Snotlout.” Astrid snapped. Snotlout rolled his eyes and mounted his dragon, Hookfang. “Why are you leaving Hiccup, you have responsibilities here?” Astrid asked. Hiccup slumped his shoulders in defeat. He looked over his shoulders and looked over at Jack, Rapunzel, and I. Jack pushed past Rapunzel and I gently then grabbed Hiccup’s shoulder. “Hiccup is a part of something much bigger now. He has a duty to fulfill, and in due time he will return to you all in one piece…..Hopefully.” Jack explained. “Hopefully?” Fishlegs asked. “Yeah I can’t guarantee he’ll come back the same way.” Jack laughed. Hiccup paled as Jack said this. “Jack stop you’re scaring him!” Rapunzel scolded. I pulled Hiccup to me and placed my hands on either side of his face. “Don’t listen to Jackie here; I’ll make sure you’ll come back in one piece.” I whispered. Hiccup smiled softly and sighed. “Relax Punzie I was just joking!” Jack retorted. “What duty exactly do you have to fulfill Hiccup?” Fishlegs questioned. “Uh well you see here I was….”Hiccup trailed. “He was chosen to help me with something as was these two.” Jack interrupted as he pointed towards Rapunzel and I. “Which reminds me, we should really get a move on.” Jack added quickly. “Why, we just got here?!”I complained. Jack rolled his eyes at me and whispered. “We’ve already brought too much attention to ourselves. It’s too dangerous to stay here anymore.” Jack explained. I understood what he was hinting at and played along. “Come on Hiccup let’s go say bye to your Dad before we leave Berk.” I offered. “Alright.” Hiccup stated. I linked his arm with mine and pulled him towards the Great Hall.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.