THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 55 - Lizard Sitting

Rapunzel’s P.O.V

They’ve been gone for forever!” I groaned impatiently. “Relax Punzie I’m sure they’ll be back soon.” Jack chuckled as he and Toothless eyed each other carefully. Jack and I were leaning against each other as we waited for Hiccup and Merida to return. I combed my fingers through my hair as boredom began to slowly kill me. “So your birthday is in a few days….” Jack trailed he played with a snowflake in his hands. “Oh yeah I almost forgot about that.” I laughed. “So much has happened.” I commented. “Yeah it has.” Jack sighed.  “I’ve been thinking, maybe we should take a break from this whole battle against Pitch and have some fun.” Jack suggested. “That would be nice.” I sighed. “But the children need us Jack.” I stated as if it was obvious.  “They’ll be fine! The Guardians still have everything under control.” Jack exclaimed. “Are you sure?” I asked. “Positive! If they didn’t have it taken care of I would feel pretty weak.” Jack explained. “Alright but only for a few days.” I stated firmly as I stood up and walked over to him. “Yes!” Jack exclaimed causing Toothless to stir. “Relax, Toothless I didn’t mean to scare you.” Jack laughed. The dragon snorted at him and rolled his eyes. “You know I think he gets all of his sass from Hiccup.” Jack huffed. “Sure he does.” I laughed. “Hey Jack can you….” I trailed. “Can I what Punzie?” Jack inquired. “Can you make it snow again?” I asked. Jack grinned widely at my request. “Of course, Milady.” Jack stated with a bow.  He tapped the ground and instantly the earth became frozen over. Slowly snowflakes began to fall gracefully and cover everything.  “How’s that?” Jack questioned. “It’s perfect!” I exclaimed as I leaned my head back to watch the falling snowflakes.  “No, no, no you do it like this.” Jack stated as he fell backwards and landed in the snow. “You got to lay back and watch, it’s a lot more enjoyable.” Jack suggested as he pat the spot beside him in the snow. I joined him and continued to stare at the falling snow. “I’ll never get over how pretty this is.” I stated as I cuddled closer to Jack. “I’m glad you like my work.” He laughed. Jack subtly put his arm around me and pulled me closer.  “Jack?” I asked. “Yes, you’re Highness?” Jack chuckled. “Thank you.” I stated as I kissed his cheek lightly. Seeming somewhat stunned Jack remained silent, but he pulled me even closer to him. I felt so content in my arms, like nothing was wrong. There was no danger, no nightmares, nothing that could come between us. Suddenly Pascal appeared on my head interrupting Jack and I’s ‘moment’. “Pascal?” I questioned as I reached up on my head and brought him to the front of my face. The small chameleon chirped and pointed towards a strange light coming from the forest. Toothless sat up and raised his wings. The dragon growled protectively as he jumped in front of Jack and I. “Toothless what it is?” Jack asked as he got up and walked towards the dragon. “I think there are people coming.” I stated. The light from within the forest looked almost like a torch or some sort, and it was getting closer and closer. “I think so too.” Jack stated as he raised his staff. “What do we do?” I asked. “Stay quiet.” Jack suggested. “They’ll see us.” I stated. “Correction, they’ll see you and the lizard but not me.” Jack added. “You don’t know that! They could believe in you!” I exclaimed. “Oye! Who’s out there?” A voice demanded. “Great now they’ll definitely see you.” Jack laughed. “Where did you come from?” A man asked as he appeared from the forest. Another man stepped out from behind him carrying a torch, lighting up the darkness surrounding them.  I glanced behind me to see both Jack and Toothless were gone. “Jack?” I called. “Uh, lassie are you alright?” The man with the torch asked as he walked closer to me. “Up here!” A voice shouted/whispered upwards. I looked up to see Jack and Toothless in a tree above me. “Look at all this snow!” One of the men exclaimed as he bent down and picked up a handful of it. “What? Snow in July?” The other man questioned.  “It’s a chilly night huh?” I laughed awkwardly. “You shouldn’t be out here alone lass.” One of them stated as he grabbed my arm. Toothless growled above us and burst from the trees. The dragon landed behind me and stood on his hind legs threateningly. “A monster!” The man cried as he fell on his butt. The other man that came with him lifted his sword and armed himself. “Quickly lass, run!” He instructed. “No wait don’t hurt him!” I shouted as I stepped in front of him and Toothless. Suddenly both of the men charged Toothless with swords in their hands. “Jack do something!” I screamed. Jack landed in front of Toothless and slammed his staff on the ground. Ice instantly covered the ground causing the two men to slip and fall over. “Jack take Toothless and get out of here!” I demanded.  “No Rapunzel wait!” Jack exclaimed as he flew towards me and grabbed my arm. “I’m not letting you out of my sight again!” He shouted as he pulled me to him. “Don’t worry; I’ll be fine it’s Toothless you need to worry about.” I huffed as I tried to lean back and look at him. “I want you to go straight to the Castle.” Jack ordered. “Alright, but not until I know both you and Toothless are out of sight.” I stated firmly. “Fine, please be careful.” Jack sighed as he released me and kissed my forehead. If it wasn’t for everything that’s happened I would probably asking myself why he was being so overprotective. Last time I was by myself Jack got hurt. He turned into a darker version of himself and hurt the rest of us, I know he’s just being careful but he needs to learn that bad things are going to happen, but so are good things. I waved at him as he attempted to move Toothless from the area. Of course the stubborn dragon wouldn’t budge, so Jack had to improvise. “Hey Toothless! Over here you over grown lizard!” Jack shouted as he conjured up a snow ball and tossed it at the dragon. The snowball hit Toothless square in the face, hitting the mark. The dragon turned towards Jack and instantly charged him. Jack took off towards the sky with Toothless hot on his trail. “Not the best approach, don’t you think Jack?” I thought to myself.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.