THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 8 - Explainations

Rapunzel's P.O.V

“Alright here we go.” Jack stated as he pressed his hands together and brought them towards his mouth. He breathed into his hands as if he was warming them but as he brought his hands down a snowball appeared in his hands. He stepped forward again except this time I didn’t step back I met him halfway. “So you’re really Jack Frost?” I asked. “Yep the one and only. Here have it.” Jack said as he grabbed my hand and placed the snowball into my hand. “It’s a very special snowball.” He said as he released my hand and stepped back. “How so?” I asked as I examined the snowball. “It will never melt as long as I live.” He explained. I raised my eyebrows in surprised at his words. “This is the first time I have gotten this close to snow.” I stated. Jack’s eyes widened in horror as he looked at me. “Well we’ll have to fix that then wont we?” He said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the window. “Wait we can’t!” I shouted. Jack paused for a moment as he combed his hand through his snow white hair. “You’re right I need my staff.” Jack realized. “That’s not what I meant.” I huffed. Jack ran across the room and searched high and low for his staff. “Where is it?” He asked calmly. I eyed the dresser slowly hoping that he wouldn’t catch me looking at it. “Alright Punzie I really need that staff now. I’ve told you everything.” Jack tried. “But you’ll just leave if I give you the staff, then I’ll be all alone again.” I said to myself. “You haven’t told me your story yet.” I quickly said. Jack sighed lightly as he walked back over to me. “Alright but then can I have my staff back?” He asked as he shot me a pleading look. I nodded my head yes as I grabbed his hand and led him into my bedroom. I sat myself down on my bed and prepared myself for Jack’s story. “It all began when I was chosen by the Moon. I found that I was given the power to ride the wind and fly. I could bend ice and snow to my very whim as well. But as I tried to approach people they didn’t acknowledge me they walked right through me. Then I realized that they couldn’t see me. I tried forever to make someone see me, but that didn’t happen for another 300 years. What my purpose was I never knew but as years passed I soon came to realize I might never know.” I started. “What do you mean?” I asked. “Well when I awoke with these powers I had no knowledge of who I was besides my name, nothing else.” He stated softly. “But after a while my purpose was to be a Guardian.” He added to lightening the story. “A Guardian? You said that before, what is that? Guardian of what?” I asked. “Well I’m the Guardian of Fun, I protect the children of the world and I spread joy to everyone with my snow.” He explained. “What do you protect the children from?” I asked. Jack’s soft expression changed to a serious one. “Pitch Black.” He spat. “What?” I questioned. “You probably know him as the Boogieman.” Jack explained. Chills ran down my spine as I the name rang in my ears. “You mean the guy who hides under beds and gives people nightmares?” I asked. Jack nodded his head yes as he fiddled with a small snowflake between his fingers. “Wow.” I yawned. “It’s getting late you should probably get some sleep.” Jack stated. “Are you leaving?” I questioned. Jack shot me a surprised look. “What are you going to miss me?” He flirted. My cheeks tinted and my heart beat sped up. “No.” I stated firmly. Jack laughed softly as he left the room.

These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all characters are owned by either Disney or Dreamworks.