THE BIG FOUR STORY: Chapter 71- All is Revealed

Hiccup’s P.O.V

Rapunzel and Jack hadn’t returned to us. At least a week had passed, since they took their little vacation and Merida and I have been worried sick. “Where could they have possibly gone?” Merida demanded as she fisted her hands and slammed them onto the table. “I don’t know what’s taking them so long; Jack said they would be back by now.” I explained. Merida and I had waited patiently for their return but after this much time had passed we became frantic. Of course we enjoyed our company together but it was hard to when time was of the essence. Pitch needed to be taken care of before he becomes too powerful and here we were wasting time. “We should go and look for them!” Merida exclaimed. “We can take Toothless.” I suggested. Merida agreed and soon the both of us were off. Merida bid goodbye to the clans and to her family. Of course her family wasn’t too happy about her leaving but they took it into consideration since we were on an important mission. “Hiccup, do you think they’re alright?” Merida asked as she mounted Toothless behind me. “I sure hope so, but with this war and all that’s happened I can’t be so sure.” I sighed sadly. Toothless growled and wiggled his hips slightly as he stretched his wings out. “Let’s go Bud.” I instructed. Instantly Toothless kicked off the ground and took to the sky. Corona was at least a day away, but with Toothless’ speed we reached the kingdom in about half a day. “Look there it is!” Merida exclaimed as she pointed towards the castle in the distance. It was a beautiful kingdom that reflected off of the water, and had the sun as its caretaker. As we flew above I could see people in the streets, but there was no sign of Rapunzel’s iconic long hair or Jack’s snow anywhere. We searched from the air for a few hours but when nothing up we decided to take to the ground instead. Toothless landed just before the bridge of the kingdom and stayed near the shadows in order to prevent any wide panic. Not many people took well to dragons like Berk did, so we took precautions. We walked through the kingdom asking around for any information on either one of them but no one knew anything. “This is bad…Very bad. I think something might have happened to them Hiccup.” Merida panicked. “Don’t worry Merida, we’ll find them soon enough.” I assured her. We continued to walk through the streets of Corona until we came across a familiar face. “Is that Rapunzel?” Merida questioned as she pointed towards a large mural. It was made of various colored tiles, and was surrounded by offerings, like candles or flowers.  The mural was of a man and woman holding a small child together. The child looked exactly like Rapunzel. “It does look like her huh?” I inquired. The small child in the mural had sun bleached blonde hair like Rapunzel and her emerald green eyes too. “Excuse me sir!” I exclaimed as I grabbed a nearby bystander. “What can I do for you son?” The man asked. “Can you tell me what’s this mural all about?” I asked. “Well the man and the woman there are the King and the Queen. And that kid they’re holding is there long lost daughter.” He explained. Merida tilted her head in confusion and stared at the mural closer. “What happened to her?” I asked him. “She was stolen in the night by a Witch, and was never seen again. That’s why every year on the princess’ birthday we light thousands of lanterns, it’s so we can help her find her way back home someday.” He explained. Suddenly it all made sense. “You don’t think it’s a coincidence, do you?” Merida asked. “No, I think Rapunzel is the lost Princess.” I realized. “So what that lady who kept her trapped in that tower for years is the witch that kidnapped her and not her real mother. What if the lost princess is a different age huh? Then your theory is out of the question.” Merida stated. I rolled my eyes at her and turned back to the man. “Excuse me sir but do you know how old the lost Princess would be today?” I asked. “As of a week ago she would be eighteen.” He answered. I couldn’t help but feel triumphant towards Merida’s doubt of the situation. “Oh my god! That means….Rapunzel…She’s the Lost Princess!” Merida exclaimed. “How are we going to tell her?” I sighed. This of course was a break through. Rapunzel had the chance to leave that prison and be out in the world for as long as she wanted with her true family. But would she accept the fact that whoever has been caring for her all this time isn’t her real mother? “We need to find her and Jack pronto. She deserves to know.” I stated.  Merida agreed and we again began to search for them. After hours and hours of searching we came up with nothing. The sun had set and the moon began to climb up into the night sky. “This is hopeless! Where are they?!” Merida groaned as she kicked a rock on the beach. We had gone everywhere except for a small strip of beach across the water from the castle. “I’m sure they’ll turn up.” I hoped. Suddenly a ray of the Moon’s light shined down wards towards us. “Man in Moon?” I called. He was physically there and calling out to us. Using his moonbeams he guided us down the beach, in which we of course followed at a quickened pace. “Where are we going?!” Merida questioned as we ran down the beach. “I’m not sure but I trust M.I.M he might be leading us to Rapunzel and Jack!” I panted as we ran. Suddenly M.I.M’s moonbeams honed in on something. “What is it?” Merida asked from beside me. WE stepped closer towards the object. It appeared to be just a pile of sticks. But the closer I looked I had come to realize that it wasn’t just a pile of sticks. “Oh no.” I cried. “What? What’s wrong?” Merida panicked as I fell to my knee and picked up the piece of wood. “It’s Jack’s staff, and it’s broken in half.” I explained. The staff was lifeless. There was no frost climbing up the sides of it and no indication of magical properties. It appeared dead in a way without it being in one piece and in Jack’s hands. “Jack wouldn’t go anywhere without this.” I sighed. “Then wherever he is can’t be good.” Merida stated. I gathered the pieces of his staff and stood up facing the moon. “M.I.M what happened to them?” I asked. Man in Moon then sent down his moonbeams once again, except this time they moved in order to create a shadow on the ground. Images flashed on the ground made by the moonbeams. AS we watched we saw the shadows show us what happened. Rapunzel had returned to her mother, under the influence that Jack had betrayed her. While Jack gave up fighting in order to keep Rapunzel safe. “This is bad…Really bad.” I sighed nervously. “We need to go to Rapunzel and tell her the truth.” Merida stated. “But what about Jack?” I questioned. Merida lowered her head as she placed her hand gently on my shoulder. “He won’t fight unless Rapunzel is safe. The safest place right now for her is with us.” Merida explained. “You’re right. C’mon her tower isn’t too far from here.” I stated. I whistled for Toothless and he almost instantly appeared from the forest. “Hey there bud sorry for making you hide out here, but we need to get to Rapunzel and fast.” I explained for him. He nodded his head and rumbled in agreement. Once we mounted him and strapped ourselves in we shot off into the night sky. “C’mon bud let’s see how fast you can go!” I shouted over the wind. Toothless of course took on the challenge and pushed himself to the farthest he could go. We flew faster than ever before and before I knew it we had reached Rapunzel’s tower.

I do not own any of these characters. No copyright infringement is intended. All of these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.