THE BIG FOUR STORY:Chapter 44 - Berk is Compromised

Merida's P.O.V

“Come on Punzie we have to hurry!” I shouted as we ran through the forest. “I’m going as fast as I can Merida; it’s just my hair keeps getting caught on everything!” Rapunzel shouted from behind me. I sighed and stopped running. I turned around and grabbed an armful of her hair and ran beside her. Soon we reached the cliffs that looked over the village. “Oh no.” Rapunzel groaned. The village was ablaze. Both Dragons and people scattered around in panic. “What’s going on?!” I exclaimed. “I don’t know but we should hurry and tell Hiccup.” Rapunzel stated. “But we are defenseless Punzie!” I stated. “You go to the village find out what’s going on. While you are there, find some weapons to use.” Rapunzel ordered. She turned to leave but I grabbed her arm and stopped her. “Where are you going?” I asked her. “I’ll go tell Hiccup.” Rapunzel stated.  “But…” I trailed. “Don’t worry about me Merida, just go!” Rapunzel begged. “The same goes for you, you know? If I come back and you aren’t in one piece there will be hell to pay.” I laughed. “I wouldn’t doubt it for a second.” Punzie laughed back.  “Alright go tell Hiccup.” I instructed. She nodded her head yes and waved a quick goodbye. “Be careful Merida!” She shouted as she disappeared into the forest.  I returned my attention back onto the village below. Below I could see a brutal clash between Vikings vs. Vikings, it was full on war. “What is going on?” I said outloud. “It’s the Outcasts.” A voice said behind me. I jumped at first but I later relaxed once I realized it was one of Hiccup’s friends. His whole gang stood behind me, mounted on the dragons ready for battle. “Outcasts?” I asked them. “They’re Vikings exiled from their clans, who are then sentenced to Outcast Island.” Astrid explained.  “What do they want with Berk?” I asked. “They want Hiccup.” Astrid answered. “Why Hiccup?” I asked. “They want dragons. They want the ability to use them at their own expense, but they don’t know how to train them.” Astrid explained.  “So they want Hiccup to teach them how to train them?” I asked. “Yep who better to teach them then the expert right?” Snotlout exclaimed. “Where is he now?” Fishlegs asked. “Uh he’s occupied at the moment but he’s somewhat safe.” I tried. “Somewhat?” Astrid asked. “Don’t worry about it; anyways is there an armory anywhere here?” I asked. “Yeah see that wide shed near the Great Hall.” Snotlout directed as he pointed to the small shed beside the Great Hall. “Do you have arrows? Swords?” I asked quickly. “Yeah that and more.” Fishlegs answered. “Good can you take me down there?” I asked. They all shot me disapproving looks. “Ok look we don’t have time to lollygag, Hiccup is fighting Jack. Your village is in battle and he doesn’t know. I need to be able to defend myself before I can fight Jack in his place so he can help you all and save the village.” I explained rapidly. “He’s fighting Jack? I thought he was your friend.” Fishlegs stated. “He is, he just well….we don’t know what happened, all I know is that we need to hurry.” I concluded. “Alright let’s go guys. Merida ride with Snotlout.” Astrid stated. I quickly mounted Hookfang and before I knew it we were already by the armory. I dismounted and ran for the shed. Around us was complete chaos. Metal clashed, cries echoed, and blood was spilt. The door was broken I already so I was able to enter quickly and gather weapons. I grabbed a long sword, three quivers filled with arrows, and a knife for Punzie since there was no frying pans in the armory. “Let’s go!” I shouted as I ran out of the armory with my arms full of weapons. Suddenly a loud roar and a crack of lightning could be heard. I looked up towards the sky to see Jack and Hiccup’s battle had gone from the ground to the air. They fired at one another constantly. They ducked and dodged each other’s shots, neither one ever getting hit. “He’s playing with him.” I stated with realization. “What was that?” Astrid asked. “Jack is playing with him. I’ve seen Jack fight and he is not as slow as that, he battles much quicker than that.” I explained. “Which means?” Fishlegs questioned. “This means something is holding him back. Jack is still in there, he isn’t entirely gone.” I explained further. “Whoa slow down now; you said you didn’t know what happened to Jack.” Astrid exclaimed. “Och that doesn’t matter I was just trying not to waste time like we are now! Basically Jack is being controlled by an old enemy of his! Now can one of you fly me back to the cliffs? After that you guys need to return to the village and help, Hiccup will be there shortly ok?” I explained. “Alright here hope on!” Astrid exclaimed as she helped me onto her dragon. Once we reached the cliffs I dismounted and automatically started running into the forest. “Wait!” Astrid called from behind me. I stopped running and turned around to face her. “Keep him safe ok?” She asked. “I will protect him with my life.” I swore as I bowed slightly then preceded running into the forest.

 These characters are in no way mine. No copyright infringement is intended, all these characters are owned by either Disney or DreamWorks.