Chapter 23 - Escaping

*Only one chapter today..... And I'm unhappy with it..... I have writer's block :/ Maybe the surprise at the end will make me feel better...*

Chapter 23

Alyssa

I was speechless.

I couldn’t even process this.

Shane... Shane was related to Dr. Storm... and was Jeremy’s half brother. I looked over at Jeremy who was also in shock.

He hadn’t said anything in awhile and I suddenly remembered the conversation we had in the cabin oh so long ago.

“I don’t want to meet the thing she created when cheating on my dad.”  

He was mad.

“Jeremy don’t listen to him,” Shane said, “He lies remember?”

Dr. Storm laughed. “As true as that is, I’m not lying. And Jeremy knows it,“ he said, “Your mother left you, after telling you she had another kid. She came back to get you Shane. She wanted to meet you, Shane. You remember that pretty blonde that came to see us?”

Shane’s face fell.

“No... She wasn’t-”

“She was. That woman was you and Jeremy’s mother. And I killed her.”

Jeremy and I both let out a small sound out of our mouths.

My aunt... was killed by this... monster?

“I’ll kill you.”

It was the only thing that came out of Jeremy’s mouth.

It was cold and unhuman.

“Not if I kill you first,” Dr. Storm sang, smiling.

“Now!” I heard Ashley say. I turned over and saw that Dominic and Ashley had gotten themselves out of the straps.  

“How the-” Dr. Storm didn’t finish the sentence because Ashley attacked. She kicked him square in the jaw and he fell straight on the floor. Guards started coming through the door quickly and Dominic started unbuckling my straps.

“Go help Ashley!” I ordered, as soon as the last strap was undone. Dominic nodded and quickly disappeared into the fighting crowd. I jumped off the table and ran to Ella, taking the straps off.

“Hurry,” Ella whispered.

“I’m going!” I snapped. The minute the straps were off we both ran to Jeremy and Shane. Ella got the chains off of Jeremy and he ran past us to go help Dominic and Ashley.

He completely ignored us.

I looked over at Ella who looked pist.

I looked over at the fight. Five guards had came out of nowhere and one of them grabbed Ashley from behind. Ashley struggled with guard as I heard Ella fall to her knees in front of Shane.

“What are you doing?” Shane asked, his voice cracked. He was losing too much blood. Just like Jeremy had.

Ashley kicked the guy in front of her while walking on his face and flipping herself and the guard over.

Damn she had skill.  

“What does it look like? Saving your ass,” Ella responded, taking hold of Shane’s arm. He hissed in pain as Ella ripped out the sleeve of his sweater.

I noticed he never took that off.

“Don’t,” Shane growled. “Just leave. If I’m here, he won’t go after you guys. Just leave.”