Chapter 9 - Stage 1: Breakdown

*Dedicated to BrittanyGarland whose birthday is today :), and I used your name :) *

Chapter 9

Ella

Shane was right.

Jeremy had a mental breakdown the minute Shane locked him up in the panic room.  

It wasn’t just yelling though, it was throwing things..... and punching people.

“I don’t care if he’s high,” Dominic said, as Alyssa placed an ice pack on his right eye, “He’s still paying for this.”

The ‘new’ hideout was an abandoned gym. And I put quotes on ‘new’ because apparently this was the first hideout, before Shane had people build the underground one. Because it was a gym, it didn’t have any rooms. People went out and brought hundreds of sleeping bags in which would be laid out in the middle of the gym.

There was an upstairs, that contained weight room. But Shane had already occupied it as his office. And no one was allowed in there.

“What does he do in there?” I asked the blonde girl next to me. What was her name... Brittany, I think.

“No one knows,” Brittany said, “He locks himself up in there for hours, but no one is allowed in there.”

I nodded and went back to eating my food.

But in my head I was making a list.

Things I noticed of Shane:

Shane knows so much about Dr. Storm and what he does.

Shane had said, Dr. Storm knew him so well.

He locks himself in a room for hours.

And lastly he said, “I barely told them anything.”

Had I been stupid in trusting him?

There were things he wasn’t telling any of us, not just us four.

“Let me out of here!” I heard Jeremy yelled.... again.

I got up without a word and went over to the room where Jeremy was in.

“Let me out!” Jeremy yelled, banging on the wall.

I looked over at Braulio, who Shane had put on watch so no one could get in there.

“Hey,” I said, as I leaned against the door. He looked up from the picture he was looking at and smiled.

“Hey,” he respond, before turning back to the picture.

“What’s that?” I asked. He turned it to me and I had to stop myself from gasping.

It was a picture of the black haired girl, or should I say the black haired zombie.

“Who-who’s that,” I asked, trying to remain cool.

“My sister, Stephanie,” he said, smiling. But then his smile fell. “She went missing a few weeks ago.”

No, she got turned into a zombie and Shane hacked her head off.

“Braulio-”

“Braulio,” Shane called out, interrupting me. “I got it from here. You should go take a break. I heard the hot water is back in the showers,” Shane said, sending him a smile.

A fake one.

Braulio nodded and walked off, leaving me and Shane alone.

“You should tell him,” I said, sliding down so I was sitting on the floor. Shane sat next to me.

“I know,” Shane said, running his fingers through his hair. “But how do you tell someone you killed their zombie sister?”

I was about to speak when Jeremy’s voice echoed the room.

“Shane, I know you’re there!” Jeremy yelled. “Let me out of here!”

“I can’t do that, Jeremy,” Shane yelled back.

Then Jeremy started swearing. “I need to talk to Dr. Storm!” Jeremy yelled.

“And why is that?” Shane asked, crossing his arms.

“Because he told me to tell him everything you did.”

“Is that so?” Shane asked, smirking.

“Yes. Now let me out!”

“Um... no thanks, try again tomorrow.”

Clearly this didn’t make Jeremy happy.

“How long will this last?” I asked, banging the back of my head at the door as I heard something being thrown at the wall.

“I wanna say not long, but then I’d be lying. He had too much of the Obeyer in his system. It’s gonna take awhile.”

I didn’t respond.

“Hey, Ella, you don’t have to cry,” Shane whispered softly.

It was then I notice I was crying.

“How can I not?” I said, wiping my tears away. "What kind of... Friend doesn't notice when their... friend is drugged?!"

"Ella you're not suppose to notice, that’s the point,” Shane said, laughing softly as he pulled me closer to him.

“I should’ve notice!” I said, as I cried on his shoulder. “I should have known he was acting different!”

“It’s ok, Ella. He’s gonna be ok,” He whispered, smoothing my hair.

I don’t know for how long I cried, but Shane didn’t say anything after that. He just sat there, smoothing my hair, trying to get me to relax.

After a while, I pulled away from his arms.

“Sorry,” I said, wiping my tears, “I got your shirt all wet.”

Shane laughed softly, looking at me with his green eyes. “It’s ok,” he said.

He brought his hand to my face, brushing his fingers against my cheek.

“Pretty girls shouldn’t cry,” Shane whispered, moving in closer.

I don’t know if it was the weak state that I was in, or that I was still mad at Jeremy.

But I let Shane Pierce kiss me.

**********************************************************************************

*Unedited*

HOLY ZOMBIES THEY KISSED..... 

Team Shane or Team Jeremy? 

Or with hell with them and Team Dominic? 

Don't Forget to Comment, and Vote, AND FAN!

LOVE, 

MYSKY