Chapter 7 - Birthday present

*Dedicated to ^^ because I used her name :)*

Chapter 7

Dominic

Angry, I went back to the hideout.

“Where is he?” Alyssa asked, making a fist.

Ha, that’s cute, she thinks she could take him.

“He left,” I said, trying so hard not to snap at her.

Something’s wrong with me and I don’t know what.

Jeremy needed help. And I was angry that he wouldn’t let us help him.

“Where’s Shane?” I asked, looking around.

“He left down to his cell, you know the place everyone’s forbidden from? Yeah that one,” Alyssa said, clearly pist.

Then I heard someone yelling, “Fight! Fight! Fight.”

Me and Alyssa both looked at each other with widen eyes.

We both ran into the meeting room to see Ella and Melody rolling on top of each other.

Fuck.

I didn’t think twice in pulling Ella off of Melody.

“Dominic let me go!” Ella yelled. Damn she’s stronger now.

Melody got up and spit out the blood from her mouth. “You just can’t handle the fact that he doesn’t love you anymore,” Melody said, giving her a bloody smile.

“That’s it Dominic, let me go so I can claw her eyes out!”

“Ella stop!” I said, gripping her tighter. “blinding her won’t make this better.”

“Wanna bet?” Ella said, before elbowing me in the stomach. I fell to my knees in pain. Damn she hits hard.

I looked back up to see her and Melody fighting again.

I was about to pull them away again when I heard a horn blow out of nowhere.

Shane was standing at the front of the stone door.

“Where’s Jeremy?” He asked, his voice in panic.

“He left,” I said, crossing my arms. I was still pretty mad.

“What do you mean he left?” Ella asked, wiping the blood off her lip.

“I mean he told me to leave him alone then he left,” I said.

“Shit,” Shane said, running over to get his walkie-talkie.

“Maddy do you copy?” He yelled, running to the weapon room. We all followed.

“Shane, what’s going on?”

“I copy,” said a voice in the walkie-talkie.

“Prepared everyone for a code red, but stand by until I tell you.”

There was a silence.

“Copy that.”

“Shane what’s going on?” Ella asked again, but Shane ignored her. He walked right up to Melody.

“You knew about this, didn’t you?” He growled, stepping closer to her.

“If you have forgotten, I was the one who found you,” Melody snapped back. “I know the signs.”

Signs? What signs?

“My god, Melody! Do you know what you have done!?!” Shane yelled, looking down at her.

For a second I thought I saw fear in her eyes. But I could be wrong.

Melody never got scared.

“I never want to see you here again.”

Her jaw dropped and I’m pretty sure everyone’s else did too.

“What? No, you can’t! I saved your life!”

“That doesn’t change what you did, Melody!” Shane yelled, “You were so focused on getting him jealous-”

I raised my eyebrow.

“That you didn’t realize you were putting everyone else in danger! If I see you when I get back, I’m gonna really be wanted for murder.”

Shane’s wanted for murder?

Melody didn’t respond.

“Get. Out.”

Without responding, Melody disappeared downstairs.

“Shane what’s going on?” Ella yelled, getting him attention.

“We need to go save Jeremy, and we need to get everyone out of here,” He said.

“Save Jeremy?” Alyssa asked, her voice cracking. Suddenly Shane stopped.

“Do you hear that?”

We all stopped moving and listened. It was the howl. The same sound that came out of the zombie in the lab.

“Maddy,” Shane said into the walkie-talk. “Code Red.”

Suddenly alarms went off and red lights started flashing. Everyone was running around and screaming, telling everyone to leave.

Dr. Storm found our hiding place.

“You guys should leave,” Shane yelled over the sirens. I shook my head and grabbed a shotgun.

“No way man, we ain’t leaving,” I said, as Ella and Alyssa nodded.

“Dominic’s got a point,” Ella said, “You dragged us down here, and now we’re not leaving.”

Shane looked at for a second before responding. “Fine, but here’s the plan... We’re gonna let them capture us.”

“What?” I asked.

Ok maybe I will leave.

“It’s the only way to get to Jeremy. Fight for awhile, but if they caught you, don’t fight.”

What exactly is wrong with my cousin?” Alyssa asked, which reminded me of the conversation I had with him.

Something’s wrong with me and I don’t know what.

“He- well- he’s-”

Suddenly the alarms went off.

“Oh Shane,” said Dr. Storm’s voice. “I have a birthday present for you.”

A growl echoed in the tunnels as a shadowed came towards us.

It was the same-looking zombie as the lab. Only this one was a girl. She had tan rotting skin and black hair. Her eyes were red and she let out a shriek that sent a cold chill down my back.

“Happy birthday to me,” Shane said, as the zombie ran towards him.

************************************************************************************************

*unedited* 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHANE :D 

admit it... Shane's sexy when he's angry ;D 

chapter 8 is already written BUT I'm posting it tomorrow.... just cuz I can ;D Well, depends on how many people read this today, so we'll see :) 

Love, 

Mysky 

P.S How do you like the changing POVs? Like it? Hate it? Wanna Marry it? ;D