Chapter 1- Nice Killers?

HOLA :) Mysky here *waves* I just wanted to tell you guys... I love you ;D this chapter is dedicated to an amazing fan who's message made me smile :)

Chapter 1

Ella Masson.

"No," I said, walking down the hallway that led to our dorms.

"Ella," Alyssa Olsen said, whining, "You have to come!"

"I'm not going," I said, stopping at her door.

"Ella you're my best friend! I need you to be at the try-outs!" Alyssa said. I looked at her. She had a point. What I don't get is why she was trying out for the cheerleading squad again.

"He'll be there," I said, almost in a whispered. It still hurts to talk about him. He took my heart and broke into a million pieces.

And it didn't help that I saw him everyday.

"Ella, he is my cousin," Alyssa pointed out.

"I know," I said, "I just- I don't know if I can face him." Alyssa frowned and pulled me into a hug.

"I know," She said, hugging me tighter. She let go and started to walk away.

Oh what the hell.

"Hey A," I said, calling her by Dominic's nickname. She turned around. "I'll be there."

Her eyes widen and she squealed, clapping her hands before running to give me another hug.

"I love you, I love you, I love you!" She said, before letting go and running off.

My best friend was crazy.

I opened the door to my room and dropped my bag on my bed.

Since we missed our whole Senior year during the break out of the zombies, the mayor had decided that we should go to school again. School had started for a week already, and we were already packed with homework. But I was fine with that. It kept me distracted.

I layed on the bed and popped in my new ipod.

My room was a normal dorm in the left wing of the school. That's where all the kids who didn't have any parents were put. We slept in our dorms and ate in the school's cafe. It was ok, but it wasn't normal.

Then my mind drifted to the Summer, when everything was fine and I was happy.

Then I started thinking of Jeremy, and I started crying.

How could he do that to me? Did I mean anything to him?

What the hell was he thinking when he kissed that stupid nurse?

I didn't cry for long, though. I think I was running out of tears.

I mean... I cried for days when I found out.

My cell phone lit up and I looked over to see who it was, yet another, text from Jeremy.

I ignored it, and deleted it before reading it. I didn't want to hear his excuses.

I threw my phone on the side of the bed and thought about the boy I met today. I'm not gonna lie.... he reminded me a lot of Jeremy.

But why was that guard chasing him?

I walked over to my computer and typed in Shane Pierce and waited to see what came up.

The first thing was a wanted poster.

I felt my heart start racing. Was Shane... a criminal? Had I spoken to a criminal?

I shook my head and started scrolling down.